“Tasty Thai”

Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I haven't eaten Thai food much but this was delicious. A good variety of dishes for those more and less adventurous. Very friendly atmosphere though staff very keen to help you replenish your plate which is fine once you know it's going to happen!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a friend and it didn't disappoint. Great service and fantastic food.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My partner and I enjoyed a delicious meal here. The food was very fresh tasting with no greasiness. It's quite a small restaurant and can get busy so you definitely need to book on weekends. The service was a bit slow at times but the staff were very pleasant and that it my only criticism of the place.

1  Thank Nathalie_Smilovici
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Called in for a spot of lunch at the weekend as we had previously dined at the Dusit. Unfortunately for us the meal on this occasion did not meet the high standard that we had previously enjoyed. The starters; king prawns done three ways were a bit bland although the pork salad fared a bit better. The Mains consisted of a red curry with beef which was very chewy, just too tough and a prawn curry which seemed a bit bland. We had coconut rice and egg fried rice to accompany the meals.
Not the best meal we have had at the Dusit, however we will call in again as we know the food is normally better than what we experienced on this visit..

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have tried a few Thai restaurants in Edinburgh and this small compact one, hidden away in Thistle Street, is up there with the best. I had the crispy sea bass for starters and the Thai roast duck curry for mains. No room for desert. Both my dishes and that of my three companions were cooked to perfection. Good efficient, plentiful staff. Good vegetarian selection on the large menu.
Suffice to say we were there on a Wednesday night and the restaurant was full. Make sure you book.