“great”

Vittoria On The Bridge
Ranked #146 of 2,479 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Vittoria on the Bridge, in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town, is one of the city's most popular restaurants, where delicious, fresh, authentic Italian food is served up throughout the day in relaxed, friendly surroundings offering a true home from home experience and fabulous Italian hospitality for which the Crolla family are renowned.
“great”
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Went here with some friends in January, booking through their website was easy and I got 50% discount. The place was quite busy, well decorated, had a very nice atmosphere and was professionally operated, also most of the staff were Italian which is a good sign.

We were a little surprised when the starters arrived as they were quite small but actually they were really good and tactfully portioned.

We all had pasta mains which were in fact quite generous portions. All dishes went down well, pappardelle with hare ragu was very tasty. I tried also the gluten free pizza and it taste very good.

While it was a great evening, I would recommend taking advantage of the 50% discount but even the full price shown on the menu, I have to admit, it’s good value for money.

• Visited January 2011

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good italian food.”
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Good place for a bite to eat.
The staff were friendly, there was a huge choice of food, for meat eaters and vegetarians. The service was fast and the location is really handy, just off the Royal Mile.

• Visited February 2011
“Very disappointing!!”
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I only went to this restaurant because my friend went the other day and said the food was amazing!
I wish i never listened to her because different people have different opinions.
First of all, it was a family members birthday, so I wanted to treat her. The staff are very unfriendly and didn't ask how we are and how the food was. All they care about is making money! I had the seafood lasagne, it was awful, lacked in seafood and lacked in lasagne sheets. Even if i made it at home, it would have been much tastier and more cheaper!!! I will definately not come back to this restaurant and i will not recommend to my friends!

6 Thank daiz888
aberdeen
“Great Food, Pity About The Staff”
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Second time I have eaten in this restaurant and the food is very good. Excellent choice and reasonably priced for location. Staff could do with smiling and asking how meal was. Miriam in particularly was downright rude and I believe her face would have cracked if she smiled. All in all I would recommend this restaurant and hopefully you get better service.

“Nice Italian”
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Vittoria has a nice, warm and bright atmosphere. The servers are friendly and most are Italian. The menu is extensive, I found it almost too large to get my teeth into (excuse the pun!). I had a pizza which was delicious, although too salty for my liking. My dining companions had pizza and pasta, and most meals went down very well. The desserts were great, especially the wide range of yummy icecream. The pizzas and pastas are good value (<£10) but the other main courses and the wine was quite pricey (cheapest house wine was £15.95).