“Awesome menu”

Price range: US$0 - US$199
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We went there for lunch and were completely satisfied by the meal. The courses were spot on for flavor, creativity and preparation. Staff were attentive but not intrusive. Looking forward to eating there again.

5  Thank cakedeco
There are newer reviews for The Kitchin

Reviewed 25 May 2011

I've had a few really great lunches here and Tom kitchen is quite an amazing culinary talent

Although as it is with most restaurants like this, the food can seem a bit intimidating but fear not it is exactly "what it says on the tin" so to speak.

3  Thank atravelbugger
Reviewed 24 May 2011

This was one of my five favorite dining experiences of my life and I am a foodie. The staff loves their job and the kitchen is on top of their game.

1  Thank audrasena
Reviewed 23 May 2011

New to trip advisor, but went here with the wife last year in December to celebrate early christmas and wedding anniversary. We had the tasting menu which wasn't cheap, but as well all know, at this level, you do get what you pay for. The restaurant is a little sparse compared to the other 1 star places I've visited, but I thought that it worked very well and was a bold step forward and away from the ironed linen that virtaully everywhere else uses. Clearly influenced from the whole seasonal and local ingrediants view of cooking Tom is a true master of his trade and I would certainly recommend a visit to this top establishment when in the area. Fantastic

1  Thank arnolds190832
Reviewed 22 May 2011

The booking didn't get off to the best start. Needing a table for a meal with a customer, and with a number of people dining and some flexibility needed, was rather surprised to find two sittings being squeezed into an evening. At a certain level of quality/price you expect to have the table for the evening and have ease to eat and converse, rather than "pack 'em in" for maximum return. Also rather taken aback to find a contract accompanying the booking!

As expected a long meeting and traffic delayed our customer, which meant the meal was rushed. The staff handled it very smoothly, but it's not really ideal for a business environment.

The meal itself was mixed. Starter was very good, mix/balance of flavours and textures very sensitively done. Main course seemed very different - I had beef, which was a superb piece of beef, perfectly cooked. However it was more what I would expect from somewhere like the Champany rather than Michelin star creativity. Not much in the way of vegetable or side dish to accompany or balance. It was a very good dish, but relying on volume and good ingredients rather than the skill and creativity of the chef. Full of beef, I skipped dessert, whereupon we were whisked back to the bar to release the table.

It's not my place to say what's right or wrong - clearly the restaurant has taken the route of maximising the number of people in an evening. I wish them well with that approach, but it's not an approach I like at that level, especially as it's extremely restrictive when with clients.

At the level of spend the restaurant targets, it wouldn't be my first choice.

1  Thank Senninhasenninha