“Amazing Food”

Price range: US$0 - US$199
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing time at The Kitchin. The food was outstanding & the service the same. I have never had food like it. It was out if this world. The staff were super nice. We had a lunch seating & were dressed casual & it was perfect. Amazing time & can't wait to re visit.

1  Thank EvelynC845

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I went for lunch with my friend for a special occasion and we were not disappointed. The food was amazing and the flavours were complex and mouth watering. We chose the set lunch menu with the matching wine package. All the ingredients are local and as a nice gesture you get a map to show where the food is from. It is a lovely cosy restaurant and the service is immaculate. I felt very special. The food presentation was fantastic, especially my rhubarb dessert. My only disappointment is that we didn't see Tom. I will go back again - just have to save some money!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

What a fabulous night at The Kitchin last night! The most wonderful service from start to finish. Every single member of the staff was outstanding for the duration. The food really was to die for! Complimentary nibbles as soon as we arrived, delicious warm bread, amouse bouche & the most amazing and visually stunning meal I've had the pleasure of eating. To top it all, Tom came out for a quick chat and was as charming as he is on TV! Thank you Tom & all your staff for such a fantastic experience. You deserve more Michelin stars!!

1  Thank Ros G
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Mr Kitchin certainly knows how to cook fish! My husbands Christmas present of a meal at The Kitchin had been eagerly looked forward to by both of us and we certainly wasn't disappointed. As this was our first time visiting, we wanted to taste as much of Tom's culinary flair as possible in a couple of hours, therefore we went for his classic tasting menu. Tom's passion for local produce was strong from the moment you sat in the bright and welcoming reception and conservatory waiting area. Cocktails were offered, not your usual cocktails mind, but inventive and sublime creations, together with fresh crudités. A good start to what was to follow. We were welcomed into the dining area to begin our tasting menu. One of the first things I noticed was the light, just lighting each table but still giving the room an ambience of calm and relaxation, with a glimpse into kitchen life and Mr Kitchin himself at the helm. We included the matching wine tasting, and I can honestly say the sommelier was one of the most knowledgeable we have come across, especially for such a young age. The red wines were especially good, probably a slight improvement on the whites could be had, if I was to be super critical. To reinforce Tom's passion for local produce you are given a map to explain where produce is brought in from, a nice touch and interesting to. The dishes were superb, the Shellfish Rock-pool was my highlight, it's a dish that you won't forget in a hurry. The meal was completed back in the conservatory with coffee and petit fours, and to top it all, Mr Kitchin left his helm and said hello to all his customers, checking you has enjoyed his food. Now that's service and one which will bring us back to Leith and The Kitchin for another treat hopefully soon!

1  Thank Allison G
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We've travelled a lot and eaten in some very fine restaurants, and this is clearly at the top of the list. The food was wonderful from start to finish., the service was excellent , and a loved the decor. If we lived in Edinburgh or had stayed longer, we would have returned . A meal to remember, operating at a top level. Lunch is a great way to experience this restaurant . It is a bit out of the way for most of the tourist spots with the exception of the Britannia, but definitely worth the trip.