“Twice, and a third time if we go back”

and 1 more site!
Classic Guest House
Ranked #66 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2013

First time in Scotland for the 3 of us. First first by Edinburgh. First stay at Classic GuestHouse.
And I want to say" Merci Fiona pour votre accueil au combien chaleureux"
This place is perfect. Pleasant room, great breakfast, quite house, warm people, and ideal place close to downtown.
We liked it so much that we decided to come back for the end of our Scottish Tour.
I recommend it without any doubts.
C'est une chouette maison et un très bon compromis rapport qualité-prix

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We received a wonderful reception from the owner, a very friendly and fascinating man and very passionate about running the Guest house, very eager to offer advice and give help. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and delicious breakfasts are given with a beautiful garden view. Very close to the Royal Mile (20 min walk) and lots of buses nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

What a wonderful and welcoming place!
I called the Classic Guest House my home for a week in Edinburgh and couldn't have been happier with my choice in accommodations.
The people were so friendly and the breakfast was delicious (I can still taste that yummy bacon!). And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the gorgeous back garden which the owner takes such care to cultivate.
The location can't be beat as this Guest House is in a quiet residential area but only a short bus ride away from the heart of Edinburgh. (As a single traveller who was relying on the great Lothian Bus service I cannot say enough about how conveniently situated this B&B is.)
And my favourite part about staying here? My comfy and cozy bed!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Me and my partner were in Edinburgh for the Edinburgh Marathon festival and were looking fro a place to stay that was comfortable and near to the city. The location is great... just an 8 minute bus journey to centre, with buses on Sundays running so frequently this was the perfect way to get about. The guest house was perfect... the cleanest and the most well-presented B&B I have stayed in, with no short cuts. The attention to detail is second to none. If you are looking at booking this guest house, for a quiet and relaxing stay in Edinburgh... do it :)

Room Tip: We had a room with a private shower room that was separate to our bedroom, although some rooms have...
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed here for one night and found it to be nice and quiet (roughly 2.5miles from town) with several parking spaces directly outside it. The staff were friendly and polite and they gave us advice on where, when to get the bus into town, as well as what was currently on in the city. The room was nicely decorated and clean. The negatives with this guest house were, the checkout time which at 10am was earlier than anywhere else we've stayed in Edinburgh. The bed, which at first seems like a double bed until we found it was actually two single beds pushed together and wasn't the most comfortable and finally the shower which was very small. I also found the bathroom to be absolutely freezing. Also the staircase to the top floor rooms is very narrow, not ideal for big guys. whilst it was ok, i dont think I'll be back.

Room Tip: Avoid one of the rooms on the second floor.
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Good accommodation indeed. Excellent breakfast with quality product. Not in town centre but with good access by bus or even walk. I recommend you should choose a room in the first floor, because the second floor (where we stayed) had only skylight small windows and the bathroom was perhaps too small. Attentive and helpful people. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: First floor better,
1  Thank TheEmptyQuarter
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I spent 1 month in Classic Guest House, Edinburgh. First contact was via email and communication was very quick, friendly and helpful. When I arrived, owners explained everything about accommodation and also about restaurants close to Guest House and they are very helpful and kindly. Location is very good, 15 minutes by walk from University of Edinburgh King's Buildings and it takes about 30 minutes walk to the city center. You can use also bus service, bus stop is only 20 m from Guest House. I was staying in the attic room, which is very nice and prize is reasonable. For short stay it is perfect, however for longer stay it is not ideal. I was missing some larger desk (you can choose some larger room with desk, but prize will be higher). Also bed is not so large, so some tall person can have a problem (again you can choose different room with larger bed). Breakfast was excellent, very tasty, many possibilities (I can recommend cooked breakfast) and it is in very nice winter garden. You can use this dinning room also for dinner if you will bring your own food. If I had some requirements Fiona and Emad were very helpful. Classic Guest House is ideal and classical accommodation in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business