“Good Experience”

Ranked #72 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Brisbane
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed three nights and had a very good time. The owner upgraded us for the second and third nights and he was helpful with our various questions. The property is located within easy reach of buses into Edinburgh and the street parking was not an issue. We had no problems getting parking in front of the property. The rooms were clean and the breakfasts were very nice, and we appreciated the fresh fruit. Linda and Greg.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Newalla, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The room, the staff, the breakfast, and the garden were everything I was looking for during my recent trip to Scotland. Being a solo traveler, I was assisted upon my arrival with the booking by the Visit Scotland team at the Information Center in Edinburgh. So, sight unseen, I booked two nights. What a happy surprise when I got there and saw my room! Everything was so clean and complete, I had not one complaint. Even with other guests staying, the rooms were insulated well to keep the noise lower, and provided a very restful environment. I would highly recommend Classic Guest House, and will certainly book in advance when I get to visit Edinburgh again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband, teenage son and I stayed at the Classic Guest House for four nights during the August Festivals. It was conveniently located near a bus stop that went into the city center ( we walked one day, but it is a rather long walk). Our hosts were friendly and help us with maps and places to eat. The breakfasts were excellent and we ate in a sunroom overlooking a well kept flower garden. Our room was spacious, but because there were three of us I believe we had one of the larger rooms. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My fiancé and I (was boyfriend until this trip), stayed this last week at this sweet and personable B&B. The room and facilities were excellent, clean and a really sweet place to stay. The breakfasts were awesome with such choice. The trip will always be memorable to me, as it was where my fiancé proposed however undoubtedly, the welcoming stay at this B&B will also not be forgotten. On leaving, the very friendly owner, congratulated us with a box of chocolates when discovering we had got engaged. A wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

It was our first visit to Edinburgh so we needed help with choosing what places to visit etc.
The hosts were very friendly and bent over backwards to help. Their extensive local knowledge was very useful.
We really enjoyed our 2 day stay at the Classic House. Nice room and facilities and the breakfast was lovely.
Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The location is a bit out of the center but price is great compared to any closer to down town. Staff was great and very helpful. The breakfast and the dining hall were great <3 Everythig worked and rooms were nice :) Would defintely recommend to my friends. There weren't any private parking but we got a permit for keeping our car on the street next to the b&b.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Naillat
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Classic Guest House in Edinburgh with my daughter and my two young grandsons. The first floor family room was very well appointed and comfortable and provided everything we could possible need. Our hosts and their staff were very welcoming and helpful. The breakfast provided was to a very high standard in a very attractive conservatory overlooking a very pretty little garden. An excellent start to a very busy touristy day in Edinburgh at the beginning of the Festival. I would very definitely recommend the Classic to other travellers and we all hope to be able to visit again in due course.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family