“Our Last Minute Break”

Classic Guest House
Ranked #60 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 February 2010

At the last minute we decided we needed a wee holiday and booked a hotel with laterooms.com. It was exactly what we were looking for. The owner was relaxed and friendly and made us feel at home. We had the freedom to come and go as we pleased, the ensuite room was clean and comfortable and he offered us the choice to have a late breakfast, which was exactly what we needed after late nights in the city. The breakfast was well presented with plenty of choice, and just right for setting us up for a busy day. The house is situated near to the city centre - about 5-10 walk away (we didn't use the car and left it parked). All in all this was ideal for us and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We would recommend this guest house to anyone considering a value for money break and will certainly use it again. It would also be perfect for business trips too.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WesterRossDrover

Reviewed 31 January 2010

Havijng been invited to Edinburgh to attend a Burn's supper, I booked into this guest house after recommendations from friends.
I found that the stay in Edinburgh was more than pleasant and should i ever return, i will most likely book into this guest house once again.
The room was immaculatley clean, fantastic shower facilities and the hosts were more than welcoming. Breakfast was fantastic and the information on display about local attractions was extremely helpful.
Location of this guest house was pretty convenient with no restrictions on parking.
I certainly would stay here again and also feel i had value for money.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank JamesyboyNewcastle
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I found Classic House to be an extremely pleasant place to stay. The owner has a warm and welcoming non-fawning manner, and the room I stayed in was exquisitely nice. En-suite and with a flatscreen TV on the wall, nicely turned out, nicely coloured and with a very comfortable bed, it was extremely relaxing, with a very classy feel.
In fact everything about this guest house is rather classy. An understated, relaxed and natural kind of class I might add. Breakfast was served to strains of Mozart - a delicious breakfast too it must be said!
It's very well situated also, pleasantly just out of the centre of Edinburgh - in the stylish Newington area, yet easily within walking distance of the major attractions the city has to offer - a walk which will take you past the famous Meadows and the august buildings of the University of Edinburgh. Frequent and cheap buses can also be caught from close by.
With wireless internet, and very good value, I can heartily recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank TimSwesterner
Reviewed 21 January 2010

I have used the Classic Guest House several times for work. I would recommend it to fellow business travellers. Each time I've stayed has been for a week at a time and so have been given great rates! The breakfast has always been great and set me up for a days work, buffet and cooked on offer!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank rossalexscott
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I traveled with my friends to Edinburgh last year. I enjoy the time there and in the brillant guest house. Everthing was very wonderfull and many thanks to the staff and the owner of the guest house=)
I will come again.

Sherry

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherry2610
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Upon our arrival, my friend and I were a bit disappointed to learn that we wouldn't be staying in the guesthouse itself, but in a separate annex 3 blocks away. We were looking forward to the quaintness of a B&B, and the annex is a much more modern building. That being said, it was spacious, very clean, and the bathroom was large, with a nice tub/shower. I really felt like the owners went above and beyond on many occasions: The husband drove me to the annex when I arrived late in the evening from the airport; they brought breakfast to our room on New Year's day; they lent us umbrellas when it was raining; and the husband even drove me and another couple to the airport when heavy snowfall had tied up most of the taxis in the city. For these reasons, I would absolutely recommend this guesthouse. The hot breakfast was cooked well, and the location- about a 30 minute stroll to the city centre- was fine for our purposes.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank citizen_of_de_world
Reviewed 2 January 2010

My partner and I spent a very enjoyable weekend in Edinburgh - the Classic guest house is a family run guest house with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere . It's ideally situated for the city centre. I would recommend this guest house without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple