“Delusions Middle East food”

Hanam's Middle East Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Set in the heart of Edinburgh is Hanam's Kurdish and Middle Eastern Restaurant and if you think that's a mouthful, wait until you see what on offer! Voted one of Britain's Top 5 Middle Eastern Restaurants by the Telegraph, owner Ahmed ensures the personal touch, by being there seven days a week to offer advice and banter. The menu offers starters such as falafel and baba ghanoush, main courses that include Kurdish pizzas, vegetarian casseroles and halal meat dishes, such as Kurdish-style lamb biryani. There are also a selection of shish kebabs and desserts. Three courses from this banquet-like menu will cost an average of just £20 per person. And, if you're so inclined, you can even smoke a traditional hookah after your meal.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Delusions Middle East food”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I went to this restaurant on Saturday, the food is great (I ordered mixed dolma, lamb kuba, balata hora, tashreeb, Arabic coffee, and baklawa). Quick service and friendly staff. I highly recommend this restaurant to every one who want to try the best Middle East food in Edinburgh. Also, it is great for special occasions.

1 Thank Farah83

• Polish first
Sydney, Australia
“Over-rated”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were disappointed by our meal here. It gets such good reviews but we found the food a bit ordinary. The service was good (Australian waitress) but we wouldn't rush back. There didn't seem to be a lot of care taken with the food. It was home cooking but not of a very high quality.

Cupar, United Kingdom
“A touch of the Kasbah”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a great discovery! I have been a fan of Lebanese food for many years. This restaurant is, I think, strictly speaking Iranian but do not let that put you off. The food is really excellent and the staff are delightful. I went with two business colleagues of whom one had been before and loved it. All three courses were authentic and delicious as was the Naan bread. The service was warm and attentive. They will not serve you alcohol but are entirely relaxed when you pop next door (literally) and buy a bottle or two to drink with your meal. If you have never had real Eastern Mediterranean food then you really must try this. You will not be disappointed. I have been once but it is now on my fixture list.

1 Thank John L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food ”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Delicious food in a great environment. I would suggest booking a table prior to arrival to avoid disappointment.

1 Thank Lee L
Edinburgh (Scotland)
“Great meal in a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I paid our first visit to Hanam's last Saturday with some friends who were up visiting. We were welcomed and seated on a nice window table overlooking Victoria Street. To start we have a couple of platters of mixed delights and this was followed by fantastic main courses. Middle Eastern food is fast becoming my favourite food. To wash all this food down we had brought a couple of bottles of wine, which there was no corkage charge for. We finished the meal of with some ice cream and coffee. The service we had at our table was fantastic and Ali spent plenty of time with us making us feel very welcome.
Hanam's is defiantly somewhere that I will visit again very soon, after one visit it is one of my favourite restaurants in Edinburgh.

• Visited May 2014