“Terrible service”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Welcomed by being directed to my cramped table in Bengali. Served meal quickly then ignored after plates cleared. No effort to serve dessert or coffee or provide bill until I got up to leave.

2  Thank PointerEH1

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We went to this restaurant as it was round the corner from the apartment we had rented. We met up with my son and his friend who are students. We really enjoyed our meals and starters. There was a large noisy party in the first room so we were ushered through to the second room which was quieter. The portions are large -sudents both full! - so probably a main would suffice. We all had different mains at different strengths and everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was very slick and no wait between courses. Would return on our next visit to Edinburgh.

1  Thank Scottsontour2013
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Ate here on a Wednesday evening, relatively late. So late in fact we were the only people in the restaurant!

We had poppadoms with a selection of sides to start. All decent.

I had a chicken kurma for the main which was spot on, and my colleagues' dishes were all of a similar quality, albeit one of the bhunas was particularly spicy.

Staff were friendly and service was very efficient, which could of course have been linked to the quietness of the establishment.

Food and drink was reasonably priced.

1  Thank SimonLB1982
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

My daughter decided to take me to lancers tonight. We usually order a take away from lancers every second weekend but tonight we thought we would dine. It was a truly amazing experience. The presentation of the food was much better than I would do it when unpacking their take out. I was greeted by their friendly staff as soon I walked in and sat by the window. It was packed with customers and I could understand why. The chicken tikka biryani is the perfect portion with a lovely side of salad. The curry sauce was also just right in spice levels. I do love a hot curry! Lancers is perfect for any occasion. I also noticed they had a lancers mess, my wife and I will definitely be booking it for our Silver wedding anniversary. It is a lovely place and definitely worth a visit! Will be back again, but next time I will be trying the prawn curry because my daughter didn't want to share. Thanks to the staff for making it a wonderful experience! Instead of take out, I will be coming in more often.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Although we have lived fairly locally for a long time, we have only recently eaten in Lancers again, after a break of many years. I had an impression that it used to be very expensive, but in fact it is fairly reasonably priced, and we have returned several times now, and taken friends. Good service, lovely food - I would highly recommend the ginger murgh in particular. Previous reviews have been a bit mixed, but we have not been disappointed on any of our visits, and will definitely go back.

1  Thank MdV62