“Groupon fixed it for me! Farewell Barioja and Iggs”
Review of Barioja - CLOSED

Price range: US$31 - US$41
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Like the previous reviewer we went to contact Barioja without success. We phoned Groupon who were happy to refund the purchase price to the purchaser (it was a present so it goes back to my niece) All's well but its a shame as I have enjoyed Barioja in the past.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have a Groupon voucher & would like to book a table. No one is answering the telephone & my email has not had a reply.
HAVE THEY GONE BUST?????????????

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We had lunch with a groupon voucher so we were not expecting miracles. Because there was a breakdown in communication with the kitchen, we waited nearly an hour for our food and only got it after complaining. However, I think it was a genuine mistake and we were offered additional free wine and coffee without even having to drop a hint. The food when it came was excellent and all 5 tapas dishes were equally enjoyed by both of us. Hence, despite the problems, I think it warrants 4 stars. Even if we had paid full price, it compares quite well with similar eateries in Edinburgh and it is handy for the city centre for tourists and shoppers. It was quiet with discreet background music and we would certainly go back at some future date.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Food was decent enough but arrived luke warm on stone cold plates. Calamare was cooked perfectly and tasty, but not hot. Chorizo wasn't too pleasant tho. Overcooked one side, barely cooked the other.
Overall not worth the money. Can get better for less.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Reading some of the previous reviews I can't believe we were in the same place. We had tapas on Saturday lunchtime, the restaurant was full & everyone seemed to be having a great time. We had a selection of dishes; fish, meat & vegtable, some wine & a couple of beers. The food was hot & tasty and the service was excellent. We would definitely go back.