“Incredible collection of Scotch”

Usquabae Whisky Bar
Ranked #62 of 2,686 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: We are Edinburgh's premier whisky bar and larder, stocking over 400 incredible whiskies and a selection of beautifully crafted food dishes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped in for drinks and ended up trying a flight of Scotch. The bartender was quite knowledgeable and we tried some interesting whiskeys. Not quite as cozy as some of the other places we drank, but if you're looking for an upscale Scotch experience, this is your place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Prawns delightful. More seasoning needed on steak. Fries were great. Lots and lots of whisky choice. Got to sit in one of the little caves. Good location. Haggis was ok, nothing to write home about.
Chicken dish was very very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great service & selection of whiskey. The staff are able to recommend whiskey to pair with your meal which are just right. The food was ok, nice but not the main reason I would go back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We tried three casual dining places near the Caledonian. Of these the best food was at Usquabae; second was Whinghams wine cellar, and third was Ryan’s. We were able to order good meals at all three without damaging our caloric or financial budgets.
At Usquabae, I had scallops, which came with very interesting sauces, and my husband had chicken stuffed with haggis. The haggis was a first for both of us, and surprisingly good! A lot of people told us to avoid haggis like the plague. Usquabae’s claim to fame is their hundreds of types of scotch, so understandably their selection of beer and wine was limited, but good. We split a rhubarb custard, which was also very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our first night in Edinburgh was spent at Usquabae and it set the town for the rest of the trip. 5 of us for a university reunion and we sat in a awesome comfy cave style booth and it made us feel VIP. Both the staff that served us were fantastic in their knowledge and service. We selected the Bartenders Choice whisky flight which was a choice of 4 whiskies. We asked them which would pair with the starters and mains we had chosen and they suggested which would go best.

The food was our of this world. So even if you have no requirement for whisky, just come for the food. I ordered the cullen skink which was delicious but be warned that this is quite a heavy dish and for some this would be too heavy to have the main course. My friend has the scallops which I also tried and this was cooked to perfection. For mains I had the lamb. It was cooked to perfection.

They are more than willing to accommodate your every need include whisky choices to an extent. At the end of our meal I decided I would actually like to replace the last of our whiskies of the whisky flight with any Japanese whisky they could serve as I wanted a smooth end to the meal and with no hesitation they certainly did that.

Now upon returning to London I am searching for a place like this. Reasonably priced, personable service and outstanding food.