“Great place to eat and drink in the High Street, Edinburgh”
Review of Whiski

Whiski
Ranked #108 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: WHISKI Bar & Restaurant is a multi award winning venue specilaising in fresh local Scottish produce. Award winning whisky range of over 300 whiskies and delicious fresh food is on offer all day. Add in LIVE Scottish musics every Night - FREE and you have the "ultimate Scottish experience".
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had not used the Whiski Bar on the High Street before but I did this evening with my family. A very high standard of food, good selection of wine, even better selection of whisky, and a superb service team led by the duty managers Holly first and then Alan. Our server was a lovely German girl, Aiste, who was very attentive, pleasant and helpful throughout. I could not recommend this bar/restaurant more highly for good food at a reasonable price, and for the connoisseur of whisky, or a novice, a superb place to imbibe 'uisge beatha' - the water of life.

I shall make a special effort to visit again one more time during this trip before leaving Scotland.

There are newer reviews for Whiski

Reviewed 22 June 2014

the place is nice and every night they ahve live music, food is good.
the real reason for a visit is their whiskies' selection, massive!
Something that made us laugh: in the bathroom you can find whisky flavoured condoms to buy, enjoy!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Walked past this place on my way to work recently & always thought I should go in for a wee drinkie.
I have now been in a few times, not eaten here yet but food that I have seen looks great.
Sitting at moment enjiying a glass of wine but looking at the whisky list, there is alot I'd like to try.
I'm told they have over 300 types.
Need to start working my way through the list
Lovely place & all the staff are very friendly, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Whiski's was recommended to us for a taste of Scotland and it certainly did that. We were greeted by friendly staff and welcomed into a pub with character. We were served with a starter Haggis Neeps and Tatties with a delicious Whisky sauce, a great intro to traditional Scottish food. The mains were mouthwatering and dessert was a good way to end a wonderful meal, only to be surpassed by a terrific Whisky tasting experience. Hollie, our waitress was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the 240 Whiskys served in the pub. Frankly, she made our evening. I wanted a Scottish experience and so her advise on meal/drink choice and then advise on which Whisky to try off of the back of what I had consumed and liked was just fantastic. If you want to visit somewhere for great food, a warm welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff and a huge choice of Whisky then Whiski's is an absolute must, particularly if Hollie is working! If my friend or I were to visit Edinburgh again, I would definitely pay them a visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

All pubs, bars and coffee shops all can sell you fine whiskeys, coffee and
get you fed. But what the Whiski sells is people. They have outstanding food and a dazzling array of fine Scottish Whiskeys, but makes me return is my new whiskey guru 'Hollie' ! Her enthusiasm and deep knowledge of Whiskey and along with an addictive smile convinced me to want either become her student or just adopt her. If I were to open
a restaurant I would steal much of the remainder of the staff too. When I walked in for the first time I was greeted as if I was a long lost regular and they were thrilled to see me. I had the Steak and Ale Pie which was delicious, then returned for fish and chips that were so good and I can never have them again unless I fly 4400 miles to the Whiski. Which, I might just do….soon! P.S. the Kilchoman was a perfect recommendation. Thanks!! ;-)