“Scrumptious”

David Bann
Ranked #153 of 2,449 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Old Town
“Scrumptious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant last night and it was absolutely fantastic.

The restaurant was really busy but we didn't have to wait ages for our drinks and food and there was so much choice on the menu.

I'm a vegetarian but the three people I was with aren't but enjoyed it as much as me.

It was so exciting to see a menu with really creative options and the food was delicious. I had the smoked cheese and sun dried tomato tart to start, followed by the chilli pancake. The tart was lovely but I'm going to be dreaming of the pancake for weeks!

I would definitely go back next time I'm in Edinburgh - I just hope I can talk my husband into it

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Honestly SO happy I went here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Edinburgh for a few days and for our Anniversary night he wanted to take me somewhere special and boy did he get that right!
I'm a veggie (he's not) and in Cardiff we don't have any restaurants that are vegetarian (only a few hippy or indian cafes) so for me, I was in heaven!
I've never ever been spoiled for choice, I wanted everything! It was a candlelit, romantic restaurant, had nice wine and a delicious starter and main.
Really lovely food, the portions were a good size (was too full for a desert) I just wish I could go back again.

• Visited December 2013
United Kingdom
“Not quite as good as previous visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I love David Bann's but on this occasion, I felt a little underwhelmed. The main meal (parsnip and blue cheese pudding) was superb. However the accompaniments were a let down. Luke warm beetroot and butter beans I suspect had been sat on the plate waiting in the kitchen. The roast potatoes resembled boiled potatoes that had been fried off in a pan. The desserts were pretty average. Service was good and the atmosphere was the same as ever. Maybe I just caught them on an off day. I will of course still go back.

• Visited December 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Having heard lots of good reviews on this restaurant, we decided to give it a try. Although the service and food presentation was great, the food itself was disappointing. Even the huge portion sizes didn't make up for this.

• Visited November 2013
Leeds
“three days on, I'm still thinking about this food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Following a recommendation from a local shopkeeper, we managed to get the last table on a Saturday evening. Service, setting, food - outstanding., It was a busy night so quite noisy (lots of hard surfaces) and we prefer quiet places, however, this experience was SO good, we didn't care! We had a charming waiter (Bob) who despite being rushed off his feet, made time for a chat...and then came the food. Stop reading this. Start booking a table!

• Visited October 2013