“Veggie food as it should be”
Review of David Bann

David Bann
Ranked #131 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We arrived at 5pm without a reservation having found it advertised in our tour guide to Edinburgh. it was pleasing to find a place that served very good quality food in sophisticated surroundings with lovely staff too.
We really enjoyed it and wish there were more veggie restaurants of this quality and ambience across the UK

Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Don't miss this excellent choice in Edinburgh. Vegetarian with a talented chef and a good list of wines to match with your order. David Bann is also very well located at the centre of Edinburgh. You can walk from the Royal Mile.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Have visited David Banns restaurant twice on trips to Edinburgh and I can't imagine visiting the city without making a reservation here. The food is excellent, the service is top notch and the atmosphere is wonderful. I took my fiancee for her 30th birthday trip and it was the perfect romantic meal. Vegetarian restaurants often feel a bit hippy and all that (some people look for this, I'm sure), but David Bann feels like a regular, top class restaurant that just happens to serve meals that don't include meat. It's everything that I look for in a restaurant and that makes it one of my favourites.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing food and is definitely the best veg restaurant in edinburgh by far. There's not many of them so it's great that we have one of this quality.

A very warm welcome when we visited on a Friday at 3pm. There's were another 3 tables with a mix of couples, family and a single person. Whilst it was quiet the atmosphere was welcoming.

My wife is veggie however I'm not so I was a little worried about it being too 'veggie'. However I was pleasantly surprised by the menu and could easily have eaten anything. I would therefor recommend David Bann for veggies and those looking for something a little different.

On the practical side if your not good on your feet or wheelchair bound you may find it difficult accessing the toilets. They are in the basement accessed by numerous doors, stairs and hallways.

1  Thank Ingramgd
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Fabulous dinner, highly recommend the aduki bean and cashew nut pie, so good! As was the Ginger & lime sorbet with Orange Cake, we were a table of 9 and everyone had a super meal, service great and a good busy atmosphere. This was my first ever visit to David Bahn and very much look forward to a return visit.