“All I wanted was a Pad Thai”
Review of Mya - CLOSED

Mya
Mya
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“All I wanted was a Pad Thai”
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Was in Edinburgh for a few days
Checked out the reviews for Thai in central Edinburgh and was not impressed so headed out to Leith

The food here is v good but the restaurant is a bit confused
Is it Thai? Is it Indian?

Make a choice

Still didn't get my Pad Thai

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

A comprehensive Thai and Indian menu to satisfy everyone. Although I didn't see any Thai staff...

While my fellow diners made only good comments about their Indian and Thai dishes, my biryani was so-so. (I always judge an Indian restaurant by its biryani, so...).

The staff was mostly friendly, but there were some small strangely abrupt responses. Then at a push they would oblige again. If they could make the 'friendliness' a bit more consistent, that would eradicate the confusion. Customers also don't want to be told no just like that; rather say you will see what you can do. I don't want to beg next time...

There also were some odd little oversights in the service. Some obvious spills on the table were not wiped up between the starters and the mains. A starter plate was left on the table and the waiter asked me to move this to make space for the main dish when it arrived! Oops. And at the end of the evening the blessed starter plate was still on the table!

The coffee machine was not working, so no lattes or cappuccinos... I hope this is sorted now.

And what was that knocking on glass sounds throughout the night? Is that the kitchen calling the waiting staff? No way!

But all in all an easy-going place, a crowd-pleasing menu and they were happy to serve us dinner at like 10pm on Friday, which is nice.

• Visited August 2012
Edinburgh
“Great Service”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Nice menu - Excellent first and second courses - wonderfully cooked food
Puddings well lets leave that ! They seem to be from the pre purchased frozen brigade !
Service excellent - lots of personal attention from the staff
I may return !

• Visited July 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice food, poor service, no atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We were disappointed by this restaurant. We were the only diners but even so the service for drinks was very slow - my boyfriend had to turn around and look at the bartenders before they brought the drinks out. They were unprofessional - chatting away and not appearing to do any work. We felt ignored. The food itself was nice, and the waitress was polite, but she didn't ask if we enjoyed our meals, only if we had finished. I think it's a little overpriced too, especially as the portions were small. My boyfriend said his chicken was very dry, as was the garlic naan, but my vegetable curry was tasty. Overall, a disappointing experience. Yet to find a great Indian in Edinburgh.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Ella M
Edinburgh
“Used to be good”
Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

Went to Mya tonight as not been in a while. Being a Wednesday night it was quite quiet & lacking in atmosphere.
We ordered our main dishes whilst we nibbled on some poppodoms. The food was nice but the portions were tiny, dessert size bowls to be exact, certainly not worth the 9.95 price they were asking! When we asked to pay the bill the waiter asked straight away if we wanted to leave a tip which I said we didn't as it was certainly not value for money & felt a bit ripped off. This restaurant used to be great years ago but sadly has gone down hill rapidly.
I won't be going back.