“What an amazing day”

and up
Loch Ness and The Scottish Highlands Day Tour from Edinburgh
Ranked #44 of 216 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Gray Line offers sightseeing tours around Scotland. Edinburgh, Scotland's Capital City and arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Historic yet vibrant with cultural and culinary delights and architecturally stunning. Using Edinburgh as a base we take you round Scotland where Landscapes can change quite dramatically in 30 minutes. Guaranteeing a kaleidoscope of memories in just one day. We can collect you from your hotel or guest house to begin your journey.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Prepare yourself for an all day tour. The night before, I really thought I wasn't going to make it, but I came home wanting more and more. Our driver, Graham, had an extensive knowledge of just so many things! Throughout the tour, he threw in recent news that pertained to our tour, personal stories and a lot of laughs. He had a lovely and kind voice that I could've listened to all day! The tour I went on was the Loch Ness/Highlands Tour and I was not disappointed. Everything was even more beautiful then I imagined. Thanks Graham for a lovely day!

GrayLineScotland, Tours Consultant at Gray Line Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your Gray Line Experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Spent a rainy day on the 1-Day Loch Lomond, Highlands, and Stirling Castle trip and had a great time with my (adult) family! Our guide and driver was Graham. As mentioned in other reviews, he is a wonderful addition to this trip! He is very professional and entertaining, all while navigating winding roads in a big bus. We appreciated him spelling the Scottish words ;)
The tour itself was a nice variety of experiences. We drove through Glasgow to get a quick glimpse and made our first stop at Loch Lomond, where there was a choice of a boat tour for an additional fee (~9 euro) or to walk around. The area is picturesque but nothing is a must see (although very overcast and gloomy that day). Then we stopped in Aberfoyle to see a Border Collie herding demonstration and learn a little about the different breed of sheep in Scotland. Although this felt a little like a "sponsored" stop, it was very interesting and one of the tour highlights. You could choose to have a quick lunch in town. From here, we took Duke's Pass through the highlands, where we got a glimpse of the hairy Highland cows (which are not easy to find so would have loved a quick picture op). Our last stop was Stirling Castle where you had the choice of paying for entry to tour. There were living history actors in certain rooms that would describe castle life. On the way back to Edinburgh, we past the new Kelpies art installation near Falkirk. It would be nice if Grayline offered a tour to the Falkirk wheel. We would have rather done a boat tour there than Lomond. All-in-all, we had a wonderful experience with Grayline tours and appreciated getting picked up at our hotel (and dropped close-by).

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your tour to Loch Lomond, The Highlands & Stirling Castle.
We appreciate all kinds of feedback as it's always great to know which part our passengers enjoyed; this helps us in arranging our tours for the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked 4 daytrips with Gray Line and this was my first one on July 6th to Loch Lomond and the Trocharss. The bus was very comfortable and I had the front seat so I could enjoy a nice view in front. Graham the tourguide and driver was very nice and easy to understand for no native English speakers and gave us plenty of information on the tour, the sights we passed and some typical music and quiet time in between to relax while driving. We first had a short tour in Glasgow which was nice because it was Sunday and not busy in the streets. Then we went for Loch Lomond and we where able to do the boattour with nice sunny weather I really enjoyed it. Then we had lunch in Aberfoyle an some free time to see the surroundings we could also enjoy the last part of the lady that was herding ducks with her bordercollie. We got also an extra photostop in the Trossachs before we arrived in Stirling. Graham pointed out what was nice to see on the stops. Loch Lomond was my favorite trip to the Highlands so beautiful especially with the nice sunny weather we had and the nature was great in the Trossachs. I didn't visit Stirling castle but enjoyed other parts of the old center like Argyll's house and the cathedral and the great sights from the graveyard. I certainly recommend this trip to everybody and don't forget to bring a camera.

GrayLineScotland, Tours Consultant at Gray Line Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your great review and for sharing your experience on your favourite tour :)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a great day going to Loch Lomond and Stirling Castle. The guide was very informative, the bus was comfortable and there was plenty of time to take a boat tour and tour the castle. We lucked out having plenty of sunshine as we drove the windy roads through the highlands. I would recommend this trip and look forward to taking another tour with Gray Line in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your tour with us and hopefully the sun will be out again for your next tour :)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Was a long 12 hour tour seeing 600km of Scotland.
The tour guide was very helpful and informed us of so many interesting facts from present and past. We saw some beautiful parts of Scotland. Definitely worth seeing. We also did the lochness your which was paid seperately and was amazed at how huge it was.

Many Thanks for your review.