“Wonderful Day in Scotland”
Review of Gray Line Scotland

US$48.90*
Alnwick Castle, Lindisfarne and The Scottish Borders Day Trip from Edinburgh
Ranked #43 of 203 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Gray Line offers sightseeing tours around Scotland. Edinburgh, Scotland's Capital City and arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Historic yet vibrant with cultural and culinary delights and architecturally stunning. Using Edinburgh as a base we take you round Scotland where Landscapes can change quite dramatically in 30 minutes. Guaranteeing a kaleidoscope of memories in just one day. We can collect you from your hotel or guest house to begin your journey.
Greenville, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day in Scotland”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Staying at The Glasshouse in Edinburgh, the tour bus picked us up right on time and tour guide/driver Bill, at the wheel. After a few stops, we were on our way. Bill's commentary was
informative and entertaining, although I do prefer tours where there is a driver and a tour commentator. It's beautiful driving through the Scottish countryside and we were treated to
planned rest stops that made a long day very comfortable. We did pass by several historic sites which I think should have been more than just a drive-by, but there was a schedule.
Refreshments and cashmere purchases were made at our first stop, along with pictures of the
long-horned hairy cows. This is where it becomes apparent that there needs to be extra personnel onboard the bus, since touring time was taken up with our guide/driver having to collect the monies for those of us that would take the boat ride on Loch Ness after our lunch stop! Then it was on to our lunch stop at the locks on the southern end of
Loch Ness. A delightful stop to see the locks and the pub was wonderful with a delicious lunch, then time to board the boat for an hour ride on the Loch to look for Nessie. Not sure why we all do this and this was my third time on this boat - first two from the North end in Inverness - face the fact that nothing is going to appear but the crew does a nice job of explaining the Loch, their sonar equipment, plus refreshments are available.
Then on for a drive-thru Inverness and into the Scottish Highlands for the long drive back to
Edinburgh. A stop later in the afternoon in Pitlochry was delightful, a beautiful village! Back on the road and across the bridges of Firth of Forth - what a feat and the view of Edinburgh.
In the summer time, the sun stays up for a long time, so when we arrived back at our hotel at 8:30pm, still light, and time for a nightcap at the nearest pub.

Visited June 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

GrayLineScotland, Tours Consultant at Gray Line Scotland, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Many Thanks for your review. We love to hear our passengers thoughts as we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

• Greek first
Calgary
“A long drive to see a lake”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was very excited about this when booking it but after a few tours in Ireland and England this was the most disappointing. It was cool to go there but a long bus ride for a short boat ride. Can't say it was worth the whole day of driving

Visited July 2014
GrayLineScotland, Tours Consultant at Gray Line Scotland, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. You didn't say which tour you travelled on, but the longest tour we have is our Loch Ness & The Highlands tour which covers a lot of Scotland in one day. I am sorry to hear that you were failed to be impressed on this occasion and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Scotland/Edinburgh.
Hertfordshire
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great way to explore Scotland with a fantastic tour guide!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum went on the Loch Ness and Highlands tour on 1st August. We were picked up from our hotel in a transfer coach by Brian who gave us some facts about places we were passing on route to the meeting point (very funny guy.) We then switched onto the main coach and met Graham our tour guide. He's such a lovely man and knows so much about Scotland you can tell he is incredibly passionate about the country. We stopped on route for some picture stops and spent time in Callender, Fort William, Loch Ness & Pitlochry. It was a great day out and one of our highlights from our 15 night tour of Northern England and Scotland. I would like to say a massive thank you to Graham and Grayline

Visited August 2014
Thanks for the great review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your touring experience.
Tainan, Taiwan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“One of the best tours: 3-day highland tour”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I participated in a 3-day highland tour. Kevin was the best, excellent, considerate, thoughtful, and capable tour guide-driver I have ever seen in UK. He took very good careof everyone. To make sure that we have places to stay at night, he always was by our side when we checked in. When we were on the way to the sightseeing spot, he always followed us and was the last one to make sure no tourist was left behind. One episode impressed me very much: Someone asked Kevin a question about the 1st possessor of a castle. Kevin didn't have the answer then. But he made the most of his time, checking the answer from a book. He was excellent, wasn't he? We were so luck to have him for the three days.

2 Thank ncyu
Many thanks for your great review. Kevin is the newest member to our team so I am sure he will be thrilled to read your review.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“A Great Way to See the Country”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I went on the Loch Lomond/Stirling Castle tour with my husband and young son on July 31st. I feel that our guide,Graham, greatly enhanced our experience. He was charming, knowledgeable, and he had my husband and I cracking up all day; very funny guy. He often referenced books he had read on various subjects, so it's clear that Scotland's history is a personal interest, as well as a professional one. The addition of music also added to the atmosphere. I won't lie; I got a little choked up as we drove into the highlands in the rain to the sound of bagpipes.
The bathroom was a bit smelly, but I was thankful for its presence, nonetheless.
We discovered a problem with the amount we were charged while on the tour. Graham let us use his phone to call the main office, and without any arguing or defense, a suitable solution was offered. It was clear that customer satisfaction was more important than keeping a few extra dollars.
I would definitely do another tour with this company!

Visited July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback.