“earplugs required”

Ranked #79 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$30 - US$87
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Old Town
gateshead
“earplugs required”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I had researched the best restaurants in edinburgh to celebrate our anniversary and it looked like i was on a winner after reading through fellow tripadvisors reviews.Not quite what i expected for the price.It was a pleasant warm evening but on arrival found the front door to be open to a very noisy and busy road!!!Not the romantic evening i was planning as i read the menu to the sound of not soft music, but to the local binmans wagon roaring past.I did ask for a change of table which was granted, but in a room about the size of my livingroom, you could not be moved too far.Cars and buses roared past as i ordered my small bottle of beer at £4.75!The food was delicious but after our 3 course meal and bottle of wine we left our table £102 poorer and still feeling hungry.The portions wouldnt fill my 2 year old granddaughter.A major disappointment on our special night out.I feel i cannot recommend this overrated restaurant to anyone and will not be returning.If you want a place with good food,great atmosphere and a good price to pay for a meal that fills your stomach, try La Lanterna on Hanover street its fantastic.So good you should read my review

• Visited July 2012
6 Thank tonyreynolds59

The leek
“Wow what a delight”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

If you enjoy excellent food then this is most definately the place for you. Your pocket may be stretched but it's worth every penny.

Visited July 2012
Malmö
“Excellent and unique restaurant”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We chosed the Wedgewood from all the good reviews on TripAdvisor and we were certainly not disappointed. We were warmly cared for, the food was superb as the entire evening was an unforgettable experience.

• Visited July 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Favourite restaurant in the whole of Edinburgh!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I've visited this restaurant numerous times and have never been disappointed. The food is original, wonderfully presented and most importantly tastes fantastic! The staff are very knowledgeable so if you are unsure what to order I would advise speaking to them. I would personally recommend the lamb - one of the best dishes I have ever had.

• Visited June 2012
Folsom, California, United States
“Great food and Service”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We took my parents here for their 43rd wedding anniversary - we all were visiting from California- The place is cozy, intimate and very welcoming. Service was spot on with suggestions and pairings. I had haggis for my first time here and it set the bar very high for the rest of my 3 week trip to Scotland. I would recommend Wedgewood in a heartbeat.

Visited May 2012