“Bad food!! Shocking service!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Urban Angel
Ranked #211 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Cafe, European, British, Scottish, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: New Town
“Bad food!! Shocking service!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Went there because I heard a lot about this place. I will definitely not be back!!! Service was shocking we had to wait 20 minutes between the starters being cleared and the mains coming, no smile or chat from the waiter/waitress!!! Working in the same industry I possibly expect to much but this was just bad!!! I will not recommend this to anyone!!! Urban angels is clearly nothing like it use to be!!!

4 Thank Chmess62

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Don't be charmed by the hype (Hanover Street)!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

After visiting the branch on Forth Street last year, I was not hesitant in taking my friend to the Hanover Street branch when I found out that Forth Street was closed for refurb. This was such a mistake! Agree with the other reviewers in that the majority of the staff seem to have an attitude... almost as if they are annoyed at themselves for working there?!! It's weird but the owner/manager needs to have a word. Also, the "add ons" are far too expensive when the prices of main meals are so high. And i would also say that the standard of food is below average. A £4 beaker of wine was barely bigger than a shot glass. £40 for two beakers of wine, two main courses and a whole lot of attitude. Must try harder hanover street! You have a lot of competition to keep up with.
Note: Forth Street staff were lovely when i visited last year, although I still remember thinking that food was expensive but lovely.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Over priced, bad attitude from staff, won't be visiting again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I visited with our friends after our friends had been to the other branch on forth street and raved about it, unfortunately this branch was closed due to refurbishment so we decided to go to the hanover street one anyway . upon arrival the place wasn't too busy and we got shown to a nice table in the room towards the front while waiting on our friends to arrive, we were given menus and table water and only a few minutes later asked if we would mind moving as there was a large table coming in, we duly obliged to this request.once our friends had arrived we were practically harassed into placing our orders by one of the waitresses due to the 'large table coming in'....once we had placed our orders we recieved our food before our coffees which were reasonable but nothing great, a little small in my opinion....I ordered eggs benedict with bacon and sausages and black pudding as add ons, the add ons were £2.50 each on top of the £7.90 for eggs benedict meaning my breakfast cost me £12.90 for not even a full breakfast,compare this to another popular breakfast place in Edinburghwhich does a great big breakfast where you'reallowed to substitute items you don'twant forones you do at no extra cost for £8.95 I feel urban angel is ridiculously overpriced....though the food was decent.the waitress who looked after us had a terrible attitude and we left no tip due to this fact.....overall overpriced food and bad service means we will not be back to the hanover branch of urban angel!

“smile please”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I agree with others here. The staff were moody and pushy. the food was very expensive for what you get. Not the best place for a cheerful brunch there are far more happy places which are better value for money in Edinburgh.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh
“Poor with attitudes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have been in this place a few times now even in the evening for a private 50th birthday and on every occasion the predominantly female staff have been full of ATTITUDE! This morning was the last straw for me as it took 5 minutes to be even acknowledged standing at the counter waiting for one of 3 waitresses/ waiter floating around to make 1 toasted scone and a carry out coffee for the customer in front of me! We EVENTUALLY got our 2 coffees 15 mins later! Shocking

Visited April 2014