“Good food”

Neighbourhood: New Town
London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Good food including local specialties. A little pricey, more in line with London. Service was friendly albeit somewhat slow given the small number of other customers.
Please pop in for a lazy breakfast and great looking cake.

• Visited June 2013

Zarate
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Horrible service. Worst waitress and timing ever. The staff seems to be nice but our waitress was extremely unfriendly. She didn't smile in the whole morning and not even said "thank you" or "you're welcome" once. We weren't asked how was the meal and were ignored most of the time.

We found the place through google. It's central in Hanover street. It's a basement but still quite lightly.
On arrival, we had to wait a few minutes, normally a good sign. 5minutes later we west shown a table, and ordered coffees straight away. We asked 5 minutes to decide the food but waitress reaction wasn't good.
We ordered 3 minutes later. After 7 minutes I reminded her about ours coffees and she replied with an unfriendly "they're coming".
A further 10 minutes later food arrived but no sign of our latte macchiatos.
I do understand that they get busy but if you care about your customers, you should make sure the food is not served until drinks are on the table. Basic.

I had to asked again for the coffees. By the time the arrived my food was lukewarm.

Eventually, she came to put pressure on us to leave but we ordered a dessert. Obviously, we had it really quick and leave.

It's a shame a single person ruin the whole experience. I can't even remember whether I liked the food or not. Management should improve recruitment and supervising of the staff which I found it unacceptable for a place you pay almost £5 for a glass of juice or £3 for a mini glass of coffee.

Before leaving, I gave my feedback to the girl in charge whose excuse was the bar was full but she didn't apologise at all. I couldn't finished because she said "thanks for your feedback" and carried on.

Horrible way to start my day.
I visited on Monday 21st Abril at 11am

4 Thank gaucholoco
Solihull
“Great for breakfast (if a little pricey)!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We popped into here for breakfast during our recent stay in Edinburgh. The restaurant is down some steps into a smallish room - but the main eating area is to the side of this and quite a large space. Despite what other reviewers have said, we found the service to be friendly and attentive. The eggs benedict with bacon was delicious and my partner had a very nice large plate of scrambled eggs on toast. This place isn't cheap, but we enjoyed what we had and would visit again.

• Visited April 2014
“Bad food!! Shocking service!!!!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Went there because I heard a lot about this place. I will definitely not be back!!! Service was shocking we had to wait 20 minutes between the starters being cleared and the mains coming, no smile or chat from the waiter/waitress!!! Working in the same industry I possibly expect to much but this was just bad!!! I will not recommend this to anyone!!! Urban angels is clearly nothing like it use to be!!!

4 Thank Chmess62
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Don't be charmed by the hype (Hanover Street)!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

After visiting the branch on Forth Street last year, I was not hesitant in taking my friend to the Hanover Street branch when I found out that Forth Street was closed for refurb. This was such a mistake! Agree with the other reviewers in that the majority of the staff seem to have an attitude... almost as if they are annoyed at themselves for working there?!! It's weird but the owner/manager needs to have a word. Also, the "add ons" are far too expensive when the prices of main meals are so high. And i would also say that the standard of food is below average. A £4 beaker of wine was barely bigger than a shot glass. £40 for two beakers of wine, two main courses and a whole lot of attitude. Must try harder hanover street! You have a lot of competition to keep up with.
Note: Forth Street staff were lovely when i visited last year, although I still remember thinking that food was expensive but lovely.