“Great Brunch!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Having lived in Edinburgh since 1980, Urban Angel was a new experience - and well worth it! I was looking for somewhere for brunch and came across it at the junction of Hanover and Queen Streets. Excellent service, brunch of french toast, bacon with maple syrup and excellent coffee. To celebrate their 10th anniversary there was even a complimentary freshly squeezed orange juice. All excellent ande thoroughly recommended. I'll be back to try their evening menu!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

7 of us turned up Sunday morn to a very busy cafe- we were seated in a lovely little courtyard service good and food was fabulous best Brekkie Eva!!!! Will b back next time we visit Edinburgh!!

1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Urban angel is an absolute must whilst in Edinburgh. The food is rich with flavour and prepared with perfection. The staff are friendly and considerate of your needs whilst visiting. The food is great value and you walk away immensely satisfied. I'll certainly recommend this cafe to travellers near and far.

1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a foodie friend. My expectations were high, and UrbanAngel did not disappoint. We visited for a late lunch and were greeted promptly. I had the mocha, which was served with a beautiful thistle design on top. My daughter and husband were pleased with their iced coffees. The kids had French toast with free range bacon, and one serving would have been enough for both of them; each contained nearly a whole baguette! My smoked salmon eggs Benedict was spot-on, with the deepest orange egg yolks, clearly free range as advertised. The service was friendly, the whitewashed basement rooms were bright and cheerful, and there was free wifi. I would definitely go back if we had more time in Edinburgh!

1  Thank Darien W
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Brunch here on a beautiful sunny Edinburgh morning: it was quite quiet inside. We were served quickly. The eggs benedict on salmon were fantastic; bacon on French toast with maple syrup was delicious. fresh organ juice and great coffee. This deserves to be an Edinburgh Institution. Our waitress was interested and interesting. We hope to be back.

1  Thank Porteye