“Amazing Gluten Free Breakfasts!”
Review of Urban Angel

Urban Angel
Ranked #240 of 2,479 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reading, UK
“Amazing Gluten Free Breakfasts!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Mum & I stepped in there thinking it was a take-out spot, but how wrong we were! Fantastic gluten free poached eggs on toast! Ate there every morning for the next 3 days non-stop! My husband had the eggs benedict which he loved, and Mum tried the scrambled eggs... again, YUM!! We would have had breakfast, lunch & dinner in there but unfortunately it shuts at 9pm.
Very friendly. Great brownies (gluten free of course) & great service! Highly recommend!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank JeannieBrice

Southampton, United Kingdom
“GREAT START TO THE DAY”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We popped in here on our last morning in Edinburgh before embarking on our 8 hour car journey home south. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table (I think this is quite normal as it is so popular), but it was worth the wait, as our brunch was yummy, two of my friends had eggs benedict with smoked salmon, and the other, eggs benedict with bacon, which they loved, and I had the French toast with bacon and maple syrup, which was great!

We also had a takeaway of some chorizo and manchego rolls and warm chocolate chip cookies for our road trip, which we had in a service station car park on the M42 (glamorous I know) for our dinner,which were superb, the crusty bread/rolls they use in the eatery really is lovely!

If you love breakfast you will love this place, its small, friendly and serves great fresh homemade food.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank THE_LAMINGS
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely Brunch”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I happened upon this place becuase of other reviews that it was a gluten free friendly spot. We were very pleased. The restaurant is situated in the garden level and has an inviting rustic vibe. The old stone floor is charmingly uneven and one of the dining rooms has an old kitchen stove, cabinets and sinks built into one of the walls (perhaps from the 19th century?). The gluten free accommodation for my wife was great - we'd recommend it for other celiacs or those who have to avoid gluten. I had the arbroath smokie (translation: smoked haddock from Arbroath) with poached egg, spinach and hollandaise, which was stunning. A great place.

• Visited July 2014
“Really good!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

West here two weeks ago and enjoyed breakfast in the cousy back yard. They were really busy due to a very large company of about 20 women (looked like a hens party or the like) but made sure to get our orders first, so that we wouldn't have to wait for 20 individual meals to be prepared. Food was delicious, local and freerange, and not expensive. Good coffee to. Would definitely visit an other time!

2 Thank Laura E
Haddington, United Kingdom
“Great Brunch!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Having lived in Edinburgh since 1980, Urban Angel was a new experience - and well worth it! I was looking for somewhere for brunch and came across it at the junction of Hanover and Queen Streets. Excellent service, brunch of french toast, bacon with maple syrup and excellent coffee. To celebrate their 10th anniversary there was even a complimentary freshly squeezed orange juice. All excellent ande thoroughly recommended. I'll be back to try their evening menu!

• Visited July 2014