“Meals at Hotel”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Ranked #1,256 of 2,774 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We ate here on the first night of a 5 day stay at Premier Inn. I was disappointed to find absolutely nothing that was vegan on the dinner menu. In desperation I ordered a green salad and side of chips. I suspect that we probably paid for the chicken salad. My husband and son were happy with food, but it was pricey for what we got.

Shame really as we would have been happy to have eaten here every evening for convenience. The service was fine and the waitress, a former vegan was sympathetic but could do little to help apart from ensuring the food I did get was animal free.

Full English Breakfasts were ok, but pricey at £8.99 especially for a vegan breakfast which to access the hash browns, mushrooms, tomato's and beans still cost £8.99, I would expect to pay £5 in London for a vegan selection. Husband was happy with his, but his was better value for money.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Went in on my own for dinner staff really welcoming and friendly.
Starter good. Main course one half cold I ordered a steak and kidney pudding. Staff immediately took it back to the kitchen and it was replaced with another fresh one - opened the pudding and one half was colder this time. I told the waiter and he said that's the. Eat it could be heated (really) I then got him to stick his finger in it and he agreed. No dinner for me and no refund. I then got a desert the crumble which was very powdery and the custard was minimal. Will not eat here again very disappointed.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Stopped in the premier inn and used the Thyme restaurant on our first night. Food was good and not to pricey, service was ok although got a bit slow as it got busier

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Food was nice but not much variety only burgers, steak and pizza so if you want pasta or lasagne or even a light lunch e.g. sandwich you can't get this here. Not much variety in puddings either. But what was served was nice. Be wary of the "house slaw" as i thought it was coleslaw but it was the same veg used for coleslaw but just had vinaigrette on it not mayonaisse which I didn't like. Finally only draft lagers are Becks Vier, Stella and Tenants and no draft cider but they did have bottles of Magners. Breakfast was lovely both hot and cold.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Had never eaten at a Thyme restaurant but staying in the premier inn ate there in the evening.
Standard chain restaurant fayre, tasty well presented and the staff were lovely. Service was quick not rushed recommended if you don't want to venture out.