“Not just another chain restaurant”

Gusto Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #507 of 2,855 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$10 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I don't do chain restaurants for dinner and Gusto is a chain restaurant, albeit a small chain but it is an exception. Over the last couple of years I have found myself making reasons to re-visit and actually joined their Diners Club which gives perks to regular diners. Why am I reviewing now? We someone gave me Gusto vouchers for Christmas and I realised that though I constantly say "I don't do chains" others realised I was in denial about Gusto. Service is always friendly and efficient even when busy. It IS noisy but I call it bustle!"
The menu changes a couple of times a year and the food is always tasty and a bit different from the pizza/pasta places around ( they do some really different pizza'pasta though). For the style of restaurant and the varied menu, prices are not much different from the more basic pizza places in the city and if you are a diners club member or when they have off season deals, this value increases even more.
So, if like me you don't like chain Italian pizza places, try this chain restaurant for an exception to the rule.

Date of visit: February 2013
1  Thank ianEdinburgh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed 31 January 2013

We booked a table at Gusto after a friend recommended it. The restaurant was packed and had a great atmosphere. The menu had a good selection and not too expensive. All the staff were polite and friendly. Definitely worth a visit but book ahead as it's always busy.

Date of visit: December 2012
2  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

Visited here on a tues and fri evening. Booking is advisable, as it is very popular. The portion sizes are very generous and they have a wide range of choices. My favourite so far was the carnivore pizza. There's an extensive wine and cocktail list too. Overall, a great night out.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

This place gets very busy on a weekday lunch and Friday evenings . The lunch deal is one main plus a beer or wine or soft drink , not the usual two courses , but the place has a buzz about it and the food is good .Its worth a visit if you are in the area

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Ate here on Saturday night with my husband. Its fantastic food, staff were fast and attentive. We arrived about 8.30 on the off chance, we could see it was busy but the manager told us to come back about 9.30ish and he would have a table, which we had no complaints as we just went next door for a few drinks. Dont complain if you can see its busy!! We came back and were shown to a table straight away. Well worth the wait, compliments to the manager and staff!! Recommend this place to anyone visting Edinburgh!! My only advise would be to book ahead to get a table, quite popular!!

Date of visit: January 2013