“A city centre treat”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Family Italian restaurant fresh made food . Opposite the playhouse theatre 5 minutes walk from the train station and bus terminal 2 minutes from tram stop. Pre thatre menu £19.50 Three courses with coffee
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Last minute off the street experience. We're so lucky that had tables as it was a busy Saturday night but it's a good size restuarant (handy to know) and the waiting time is minimal so I think if you're a small party (we were just three), then this is a safe bet. The staff were exceptionally friendly, the choice on the menu is huge and caters for food alergies, gluten free and veggie. The service is swift but with a smile and attention to detail. The food was delicious and the portions very reasonable. This was for its price range a great meal. This was a last minute, in off the rainy street choice and a choice worth making.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had the pleasure of dining here on our long weekend up from London. Very well laid out, you don't feel you're eating on other people's laps. The owners are very nice people and of course the food is delightful. Will 100% dine here again on our next visit.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Seven of us went out for dinner. I cannot fault the friendliness or attentiveness of the staff, but oh my word, it just took far too long to get our meals. We waited well over an hour after anti-pasta!! The restaurant did have other diners but was by no means full. The food was also nice enough, but not great, and my Italian pasta dish was sadly lacking the key ingredients of chicken and smoked salmon. Perhaps it was just a one off bad night.

1  Thank Trish B
giulianosunionplace, Manager at Giuliano's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. I am deeply sorry that you were disappointed with your experience in our restaurant as we try very hard to make the experience for each customer memorable in a good way.

I would encourage you to come back for another a visit and ask for me personally and I will endeavour to rectify any disappointment that you may have had.

Regards

Angelo Lordi

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

First the positives : friendly staff, clean & bright surroundings, pleasant house wine. That's where the praise stops. Back in the 1970s, when we thought that eating 'spag bol' was sophisticated, the food here would have been great. Unfortunately for this restaurant, time has moved on. We had a pizza and the lasagne ... and how uninspiring both dishes were. The pizza was bland. More flavoursome lasagnes can be found in the ready meal aisle at most supermarkets. Perhaps, we just chose badly. Just perhaps.

1  Thank Stephen W
giulianosunionplace, Director of Sales at Giuliano's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Regards

Angelo Lordi

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We visited Giuliano's twice during our short trip to Edinburgh, the first on the recommendation of our hotel concierge and the second at the request of our twins (it was their birthday and they got to pick). Both visits had excellent service, and great, fresh Italian food. The recommendations of the staff were appreciated and spot on.