“Long wait but food was worth it”
Review of Mariachi

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I suspect we were initially forgotten about as the table who were seated next to us, despite arriving after us got served ahead. Eventually a waiter came over and apologised about the wait and attributed it to being busy (we didn't spot him having to apologise to anyone else) there was no gesture of compensation. usually this would result in me not enjoying the meal and at best giving a 3 star review. However the food made up for it. I think I have become so used to Mexican chain restaurants that this place stood out. The food was fresh and full of flavours. We can highly reccomend the stuffed chillies and corn on the cob starters.

Despite the initial long wait there was very little gap between main and starter. The portions were a touch large for us but we really enjoyed the meal and would go back

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Ate here as a family of four on a wednesday evening in late July. Didn't book ahead. Generally good fare with efficient service and a pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was my favourite place due to move from town I am not able to visit regularly. Last week I went back with my family still very good food and service.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

8 of us ate here on Sunday before going to a concert and opted for their party menu. It had limited choice, 4 starters/mains but all the goodies were there. Slightly disappointed with the starters as only warm, not hot in temperature (nicely spicy though) but the fajita's more than made up for it as they were fab. Good portions and very tasty. The puddings were amazing and we also got 2 bottles of wine thrown in for the deal price of £22 each. We left full, merry and happy.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went as part of a group and had the set menu at £22 each, which included wine (pointed out to us by the very helpful waiter, as we were about to start spending lots of money on drinks). Food was good and plentiful though scarcely haute cuisine, but you wouldn't go to a mexican for haute cuisine. Spicy mushrooms was a good serving of mushrooms in a very spicy sauce, then most of us had fajitas, my steak one was fine, plentiful and only a little bit chewy. We were allowed to have a drink instead of a pud if we wanted, but the puds looked pretty good. Great food for lining the stomach before a night on the town.