“Terrific Mussles”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Had lunch here and the specials were very reasonable and delicious. Great mussels, with numerous variations on the theme on their main menu. I would definitely have returned again, had I spent more time in Edinburgh. It's smack in the middle of "Old Town."

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,689)

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Whenever we go to Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival we always make sure we have time in our schedule to have a meal at Mussel and Steak Bar. The food is fabulous with a good range of dishes from which to choose. Service is excellent. Would highly recommend a visit no matter what the occasion.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We went on our last night abroad. The food was amazing. We got two different kinds of mussel pots. The shallots and the thai. The shallots were my favorite. Definitely a best seller for a reason. We happened to get there right before the rush, but after 8pm people were lined up to get a table. We sat outside which was perfect. Great selection of scotch. One of my favorite places we went to eat!

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

We came for a spot of lunch on arrival into Edinburgh. Service was friendly and quick. I had mussels which were delicious and a fantastic portion and my boyfriend had the steak; cooked to perfection and a good portion size. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

This used to be my very favourite restaurant every time I visited Edinburgh. Went yesterday last minute and ordered a Pot of mussels and the infamous beef dripping fried chips to share. Firstly the waiter was very unhelpful and impatient with us. Secondly what has happened to those amazing crispy homemade chips. Now it's bog standard frozen chips!! Omg why have you done that? The mussels were fine but we chose the wrong sauce as it was very bland. So upset that this amazing restaurant had lost its touch. Please go back to the way it was.

1  Thank dundeedawn