“Small but tasty”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We purchased a groupon which entitled us to two starters, two mains, two rice, nan and two glasses of wine.

We knew that it was not the full restaurant menu, but the menu we were given was very small, more like a small business lunch menu. From memory, it was three weeks ago, there were three starters, cauliflower and broccoli pakora, duck pakora and a paneer dish. We had the two pakoras between us. They were tasty, but the portions were small, four wee pieces of cauliflower/brocolli and 4 or 5 small pieces of the duck. The minty yoghurt sauce was okay, but we prefer either the chilli or mustardy type dips. The salad was wee a bit limp in places.

There were about half a dozen mains, we had a chicken and a lamb dish, and were able to have garlic nan as well as the two portions of rice. The food was freshly cooked, tasty, although the chicken dish was not as spicy as my wife would normally order. I can't tell you what the dishes were, because when I looked at the restaurant menu to do this review,I didn't recognise either dish. The chicken was very tasty, and the lamb was tender, not tough and chewy as it can be.

The wine was a paltry 125ml glass.

Overall it was a pleasant experience. The restaurant was very quiet, and we did not find it conducive to sitting and having a drink after finishing our meal. We may well go back to try the pre-theatre menu which looks more extensive, and probably better value .

Reviewed 4 May 2012

You could quite easliy drive past the restaurant without noticing it and for those who do, they are missing a proper little Jewel in Leiths crown. The staff are very friendly and the food it very delicious indeed, however the house wine is not worth a look and I would stick to the juice as a far better alternative. It is a shame the wine is so bad because re sourcing the wine to complement the food would be a far better experience for the diners and a more lucrative reward for the restaurant.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Brilliant for a takeaway! At one point I was getting one every weekend but had to cut back. Can sometimes take a little too long for delivery but it's definitely worth it. I always get a Butter Chicken, I would recommend that curry to anyone if they don't want anything too hot.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Had a brilliant time at Suruchi too, food was amazing, staff looked after us well. Even entertained my kids who were running around the restaurant at first.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

The restaurant lacks a bit of ambiance and could do with a lick of paint, however, food is really quite good. My venision curry was very tasty and tender as well as my lamb kebab. Unfortunately the menu for starters lacks a bit of choice. If you are a meat eater the only thing you can pretty much pick is kebabs. Service was good I'd recommend giving it a go