“great food at a great price”
Review of Saigon Saigon

Saigon Saigon
Ranked #1,196 of 2,505 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: New Town
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“great food at a great price”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been several times and have always enjoyed the authentic cuisine.Some of the dishes are maybe a bit much if you only eat lemon chicken, but great for the more adventurous diner.The staff are always pleasant even when very busy.Thank you for some enjoyable meals.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese, Dont be put off by old ratings!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This restaurant is really good, we went on a wednesday evening and it the restaurant was packed, absolutely full of chinese people which for me is always a good indication for a chinese! Dont be put off during the week as they where seating people really quick and the queue went down quickly, I would book at weekends. We didnt feel rushed at all.

Had a half a duck to start with and it was massive and tasty, definately recommend. Has the chicken chow mein for my main meal and would also recommend, nice thin crispy noodles. Price was very reasonable for an inner city restaurant!

Dont be put off by the rating of this restaurant, they used to do a buffet but now instead have released a Dim Sum menu (we didnt try this). Highly Recommend!

Province of Brescia, Italy
“Chinese gastronomic delights in abundance!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Enjoyed a really great evening meal, here. Huge portions, great service and very good value for money. This really was a super wee restaurant. It was packed out with Edinburgh's Chinese community/Chinese tourists which gave us the idea that it might be a good spot and we were not disappointed.
There is an extensive menu with something for everyone. I'd recommend the hot and sour soup - very tasty.

Hong Kong
“If you want Dim Sum, maybe the best you can get in Edinburgh!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been to over 10 cities in Uk over the last 2 years. I will look for Chinese food and dim sum everytime at the end of the trip. I have been to Edinburgh in February this year and Saigon Saigon was the first Chinese restaurant I have for my dinner. The food and dim sum was good when compare with counterparts in other cities in UK. The quality of food is around 85% of that from Hong Kong and about 95% as good as the ones in China town in London. I went to Edinburgh again in March this year and hoped to find a place to have better dim sum. However, I have been to other that are recommended by tripadvisor but the quality of dim sum are well below average. Saigon Saigon seems to be the best place for dim sum in Edinburgh at present.

BTW, concerning with the cleanliness of the toilet, I can say it is well well above average. I don't know why a comment not long ago stated that he has to be forced to go to the MacDonald. I understand maybe, he has an unpleasant experience in other aspect, say the service. However, I think it is not good to say something not real in order to mislead other people.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I'd like to share this review with you, the food here in this restaurant is different class. The Dim Sum we had was really amazing, the manager took time to explain what was in each dish that our party enquired about. Which was very good as some of the party had never tried Dim Sum, he actually gave us a few free dishes with the starters for our party. The restaurant was full of Asian people which was a sign of good food. Right from the start the service we received from the manager and the waiters to the quality of the food was first class. I would recommend this restaurant to all ! Please visit here or look at the website, www.saigonsiagon.co.uk.

• Visited March 2014