“Consistently great food and service”
Review of Sumo Noodle Bar

Sumo Noodle Bar
Ranked #7 of 183 Restaurants in Falkirk
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I love eating here. We either sit in or get a takeaway and both are excellent. The food is fresh and very tasty. I particularly love their saki nigiri and chicken chilli ramen! yum! Good prices too.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in Falkirk where we have eaten many times. Super fast service with very friendly staff and excellent food- also great choices and very reasonable prices. Takeaways just as fab as eating in is.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

When I was living in Larbert a few years ago, Sumo was my go to place for sushi so when my partner was in Falkirk a couple of weeks ago I put in an order for sushi so he could pick it up.
I know one of the staff who worked there and she had informed me that the place had changed ownership and staff so I was prepared for it to be slightly different. But I was not expecting it to be THAT bad.
The girl on the phone was every friendly.
Grilled eel rice: the rice was not japanese rice, it was plain boiled white rice which doesn't have the same consistency and feel that the japanese rice has.
Mixed salad gun kan: the mixed salad used to consist of finely chopped crab stick,lettuce, peppers and topped with a sprinkling of sesame seeds. This time it was just a mix of roughly chopped lettuce and onions which I couldn't finish as it tasted terrible.
Salmon nigiri had a fish scale on the rice.
There was no point in calling to complain because I wasn't going to be in Falkirk to hand the food back to them but if I was still in Larbert, I would definitely have returned it all.
I have never had such bad japanese food before so was baffled by the amazing recent reviews.
Was I just unlucky??

1  Thank guavapucca
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Visit here on a regular occasion, food always very good. Good menu selection, food piping hot and fresh, staff very friendly. Not a place to go for a relaxing meal, but great for a quick bit to eat. Sometime ago we felt like the quality had dipped, however it's back to its best once again. Please note Friday and Saturday night's can get very busy. Always a good sign.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Ok first time visiting and cant wait to go back. The food was lovley hot and
fresh . I got a sea food noodle platter and this was brill. Staff were very happy and attentive service was brill and very reasonable prices