“Brilliant Alfresco Dinner”

Ranked #7 of 9 Falkirk B&B and Inns
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Alfresco Dinner”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I decided to dine in the Orchard beer garden as it was a nice night. We had great service from start to finish and our meal was lovely. I would class myself as a fussy eater too. I had the chicken with haggis potatoes and veg and my hubby had the chicken burger which he enjoyed too. It was a thursday evening and had a good atmosphere. Would defo recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have visited a few times and didn't think that the food was particularly good, the service was okay, but the staff were a bit intrusive whilst trying to enjoy our meals. My meal was tasteless and very sloppy presentation, personally I don't think it is very good value for money, think they should stick to being a bar more than a restaurant or improve their quality of food and stay away from cheap or microwaveable produce. I don't think I'll be back anytime soon.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Foodiesmoodie
OrchardHotel, Public Relations Manager at Orchard Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
We are sorry you did not enjoy your meal with us recently. We encourage our staff to interact with guests and check with them to ensure that everything is okay with their meal, we regret that you found this intrusive. All of our products are sourced fresh and locally such as from our local green grocer and nearby butcher and our dishes are prepared daily by our team of chefs and none of these dishes are microwaved.

Travellers are raving about these Falkirk hotels

essex
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was our first visit to Scotland and we came to Falkirk for a 21st birthday. We checked in at the bar. I had booked a 3 bed room for me, my husband and son. The girl was very friendly and showed us to our room. Our room was facing the front, directly above the bar and outside. The room was what I would call 'studenty' There was 3 single beds and awful grey units, grey carpet with a brown rug covering a big dirty stain. I was a tad disappointed but it was only for 2 nights and I thought £75 per night B&B not bad. We had a drink and a meal here which was excellent! It is noisy of a night as there is a nightclub opposite but that didnt bother us. In the morning my sons bed was broke. I informed the lady who cleans and it was soon rectified this. Shower was sporadic and stopped every so often. Breakfast. Day one the eggs were over cooked and you only get instant coffee. There was a guy who I think was the owner/manager came in and turned the music up. We overheard him saying to the lad that it should be loud enough so people won't talk! At breakfast, really!? He did not once say hello or give us the time of day.
Saturday eve the atmosphere in the bar was brilliant! On fact I didn't want to go to the party as having a great time. David who works there made my night, very entertaining and certainly an asset to the place. Sunday we were woken up at 7am with pressure cleaner on and loud music! I wasn't impressed. Breakfast was better with eggs cooked properly but no mushrooms. We were told if we wanted fresh coffee it was extra but the kind manageress wavered this as well as my sons lemonade as no apple juice. Would we come back to the Orchard? Proberbly for a drink and food but not to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank debs166
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Had planned to meet my wife for lunch at the Orchard today, but didn't even make it out of the car park!
I parked in the customer car park, got out the car and was ready to start walking round to meet my wife outside the front door. A guy and 2 women were standing in the car park talking, one of the women shouted to me and told "me the car park was for customers only". I told her I was going into the bar. She then repeated "the car park was for customers only" and I replied by asking if she had not heard me the first time?
At this point the old guy / manager? / owner became very aggressive and walked towards me shouting and asking me to leave and never come back!!!!!

Couldn't believe it!
Planned on a pleasant afternoon lunch and ended up annoyed all day!!
In future I will stick to the decent places in Falkirk!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank FalkirkBoy
OrchardHotel, Admin manager at Orchard Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
We are sorry you felt you recent Orchard Experience was negative. We pride ourselves as a Team on delivering exceptional Customer Service, whether they are using our Hotel, Bar or Restaurant Facilties.

On the Day in question, you parked your car and left the carpark by the rear gate and headed in the opposite direction of our front door. Our standard practice is to highlight to customers that we have Rear Door access from the carpark into the hotel faclities as some customers assume the Front Door is the only way to access the building.

As a Town Centre Trader with limited Free Car Parking, we do, regulary have to ensure that Car Park users are using the hotel facilites so that we do not disappoint our valued customers.

When we advised that we have Rear Door Access, your reaction gave no indication that you were using restaurant or bar and you were walking in the opposite direction of our main entrance. This leads us to believe that you were illegally parking on the premises and subsequently the way you spoke to our staff was inappropriate. We are sorry that you feel negatively regarding the way you were treated and look forward to receiving your letter and contact details to discuss the matter.

Regards, Orchard
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Been to many hotels and experienced both good and bad service. In my opinion the service wasn't the worst but it was unacceptable. Dining in the restaurant is different from being an over night guest. I did not like that there was no double beds available because they did not have that facility. I was asked by the manager why i was staying in the hotel. I found this to be none of her concern and did not appreciate the question. Resulting in printing an impression of NOT having a discreet service. I stayed for two nights as there was no other hotel available. Breakfast was included in the price and it was not nice either. There was a choice on the menu. I chose full English and it took ages in being made and was greasy and tasteless. I had to remind a staff member who was also the cleaner for juice I had ordered. Upon departure i paid the bill and had to wait for 45 mins to be served. On;y the cleaner was available whilst the other member of staff I had waited for was upstairs in one of the rooms sleeping. Upon consideration I could have left without paying, But I'm a Karma sort of person so I waited. Lucky I haggled the price from £65 to £45. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MelanieJNoctor
Falkirk
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Went to the Orchard for lunch purely by chance after seeing the bill board paraded through the town. I had intended going elsewhere but thought I will give this a try. Meal was very good wholesome food and at a very reasonable price.

Service was great with everything being presented well. I will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Aviemore
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Having stayed here once a few years ago we had no hesitation in checking in for the night again. Greeted by very friendly member of staff - raised eyebrows when told the room was £65 with breakfast extra - didn't remember breakfast extra last time. But very tired and in need of a room so checked in anyway. Room is basic and now, a few years down the line, in need of a deep clean. Carpet was stained and grubby as were divan bases. Space between bed and bedside unit had not been hoovered for a long time. Bedside unit accomodated 2 lamps and one kettle but there was only 2 electric sockets. Shower and toilet area were fine.
Popped out to visit family locally and then returned to eat. Selected from £9.95 for 2 courses menu. Starters arrived quite quickly but waited about 40 minutes for main course. Chips on both were cold, salad looked more tired than me and hand made burgers were dry unseasoned and not properly cooked. Needless to say did not have the inclination to have breakfast in the morning and do not intend to stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Best Western Park Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Orchard Hotel? Share your experiences!