“Great hotel, great staff, great value for money.”
Review of Orchard Hotel

and 1 more site!
Orchard Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Falkirk B&B and Inns
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great staff, great value for money.”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed at the Orchard Hotel for 2 nights 29th & 30th November and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Our bedroom was basic but for £40pn it was a bargain. The staff could not do enough for us and were very attentive. The bar & restaurant were lively and the food was very good. Breakfast was included and we both had hearty plates. Will definitely stay here again when we next visit Falkirk.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from the lively bar would be best.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamesDonaldson3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I'm self employed and work away a lot so hotels are often a begrudged expense out of my profit so I often chose the cheapest to get my head down.

What appealed to me about the orchard was the price.

Don't let this put you off.

I arrived at 3am as I was working nights and was greeted by the night porter who was happy to serve me a couple of pints without feeling I was inconveniencing him.

The room was basic and very clean, all I need really, tea/coffee and decent shower.

Room included breakfast and I was worried I'd miss it as I didn't intend to vacate room till midday.

Not a problem, one of the girls made a note for the maids to leave me alone till midday and I could have a full breakfast in the restaurant at midday. Fantastic service!!!

Got down to bar at 1230 and was offered a large freshly ground coffee and the breakfast menu.

Scottish breakfast and other options looked good but I had the 'Residents Breakfast' 2 sausage, bacon, 2 eggs, toast, beans and mushrooms.
Where I'm from you'd get charged £10 for a breakfast of this size and quality!! It was included in the price.

All in all a fantastic place for the money and compliments to the night porter and waitress/bar staff.

Excellent job.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank WiggyMids
Burnley, England
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Very very clean and comfortable. Well worth the money I paid on late rooms. Full Scottish breakfast in the morning was superb. Fast WiFi also and staff seem really freindly. As it was a sat night I was expecting the room to be really loud.... but some of the rooms are in a different complex from the main bar. So I didn't hear a squeak all night. So if u are booking deffo worth asking if you can be put in that complex. Well worth a visit!!! Will deffo stay again and recondmend to any friends.

• Stayed November 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Booked this accomodation with no idea about the place - First person I saw was Dave - Just great could not do enough - Great bar magnificent food - The sort of place where it has the whole package atomosphere, great messages everywhere, teriffic staff, magnificent food. On my way out the staff were having a meeting I told Dave that the Hotel had done the small things really well and overall the best place I stayed in by far. Thanks again to Dave and his crew - I'll be back

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hi Yesterday was my eldest Granddaughters Ellis 22nd Birthday and where better to have a Birthday meal than The Orchard. I had a Sirloin Steak and it was cooked just the way I like it
The pasta dishes looked great and all who had it cleaned their plates. My daughter had fish cooked in lemon which she thoroughly enjoyed
So good going back today

Margaret Russell
Cumbernauld

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Newtonhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here with a friend for the Status Quo outdoor gig. We spent most of our time here before the gig having lunch (which was very good) and drinks (a little on the pricey side). Atmosphere in the bar area is great and the staff are excellent, only the drinks prices let it down. Came back in the evening after the gig and there was a great atmosphere, really pleasant place to drink. Central location too.

As for the room itself, very spacious and beds comfy, but the old carpet was a big let down and stained which let down the room. The room could possibly be painted a little brighter too. We paid around £65 which included breakfast. The breakfast in the morning was excellent.

Overall I'd give a 3.5 but closer to a 3 than a 4 due to drink prices and the appearance of the room given the price we paid. That said, the food is great and the staff are excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mouse1903
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Relaxed easy atmosphere, and the management don't suffer fools, so you won't have to either. Some Bars in Falkirk can have the most colouful language. They stock Stella and Peroni ... nice choice of premium lager.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Best Western Park Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Orchard Hotel? Share your experiences!