“Fantastic discovery”

Best Western Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Falkirk
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Decided to stop for the night. First try was a Premier Inn but we were discouraged by the customer service. In comparison, walked in to this hotel and were greeted by a cheerful receptionist who gave us a great price and a great room. The price included breakfast and FREE INTERNET (unlike Premier Inn). The room was comfortable and quiet. Bathroom clean and functional. To add to our pleasant surprise, the hotel restaurant offered a three course dinner for 10 pounds!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ManuelAGP

Reviewed 13 August 2011

At £85 for a twin room i couldn't see what extra it offered over the cheaper and much larger rooms at a Premier Inn. The food though was great, the evening meal at £10 for three courses was excellent value for money. The breakfast on offer the morning after was even better, a self service buffet of great quality.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rupert81
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We should've known what to expect when three emails went unanswered but, after a fantastic stay at our last place, we were doubly disappointed by our initial (lack of) greeting by the woman on the front desk. Enquiries about a laundry got us a phone number but no offer of making the call for us. The room was clean and tidy but very cramped. Breakfast was average and the woman in charge spent a lot of time telling us about the large group coming in half an hour. This place would get a much better rating if they smiled! Lastly, please do a bit of weeding and mow the lawns. If we hadn't of booked then we would've kept going.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I'll get straight to the point. I recently enjoyed a meal at the Park Hotel with various family members. Food was nice, very good value for money at three courses for £10.00. Young woman, front of house, grey trouser suit, seemed unable or unwilling to smile. When I go for a meal, I am looking for the very basics of good customer service, a simple smile on arriving, a plesant greeting and some form of thankyou on leaving. This young woman provided none to these. So, I will take my hard earned cash and spend it in another restaurant elsewhere in town.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Just returned after a 3 night stay on business. I'm struggling to write something good. Some of the staff were nice and friendly, but I'm not staying due to the staff. The room was basic, I had to retune the TV myself every time I switched it off (told reception, they referred me to the bar staff - I kid you not!) who did try to fix it but failed. The shower pressure was so powerful I flooded the bathroom after every shower. The evening meal food was clearly prepackaged and not fresh with no taste (apple pie the first night was served cold with warm custard, both clearly shop bought rather than cooked on site). Breakfast was OK but not great. I know it's a 3* but I've stayed in better travel lodges. Avoid!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room to the front of the building facing Camelon Road as the ones t...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Some of the reviews seem to be a tad OTT! Stayed for one night, had dinner, B&B. Room was excellent, I think it had been refurbished recently. Bed, TV, shower all great. £10 for 3 course dinner, OK it wasn't haute cuisine but good value for money. The breakfast wasn't quite up to the same standard but if you steer clear of the inedible bacon you won't go too far wrong!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I will continue to use Bestwestern both here Australia, Ireland and The UK, as the staff are always or seem to be polite, however the female staff within the dinning room could or should be re trained in client service and not be so rude.

• Stayed: April 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Grange Manor
Grange Manor
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Best Western Park Hotel? Share your experiences!