“Would stay again anytime”

Best Western Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Falkirk
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My friend had her wedding reception here so we booked a room. The staff upon arrival were cheery and very friendly, the lady who dealt with us I am almost sure her name was Stacey, she was very attentive and a pleasure to deal with.

The suite the reception was in was immaculate, great space for dancing/dj set and plenty of tables for guests. The bar had a great range and you normally find hotels are quite expensive for alcohol especially for events but it was very reasonable.

The room we had was great. Very clean, had a bath/shower and all the facilities you need. Sorry no pics this time but we simply didn't have time.

When the party was over, the manager Duncan was very helpful and made sure we were sorted for drinks and explained about just charging it to our room and provided us with sandiwches. It is little touches like this you remember, he also made sure we had everything we needed before he left to go home, lovely man.

I can't comment on breakfast as I missed it due to too much celebrating but everything else I experienced was fabulous. If I am by Falkirk was again, this would be my first choice!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2012

This is an unattractive hotel from the outside and if I had not booked on line would not have gone in at all. Tho rooms are very small and very basic. As I was visiting family in Falkirk I was only there to sleep really. I was totally shocked in the morning when leaving my room to find the whole of the corridor filled with dirty linen which had to be negotiated to get to the lift! On returning to our room we had to again avoid piles of linen and step over bags of rubbish to get to our room. When asking the manager if he realised his staff had an obstacle course on the corridors he said they had nowhere else to put it! We quickly checked out as not used to this sort of service......rather shocked actually and wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here even for a cheap business trip as it was not especially cheap either!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackieRichmond
Reviewed 23 July 2012

me and my partner been couple of times the staff are really nice food is really good 3 courses for £10 they also do 2 courses as well great value for money the do change there menu about everyday but there normally have good selection i would book tho they can get very busy but they seated us straight away x

Room Tip: sorry we never stayed just food so cant comment on but it looks really nice to stay i would
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed at Park Hotel, Falkirk for four nights whilst visiting friends and family in the area, and found the staff to be most helpful, and very friendly. A special thank you to Gillian on reception and Dorothy who looked after me in the restaurant. I had a problem with the tap in the bathroom and Gillian sorted this out by moving me to another room immediately. Thanks, I loved the room overlooking the park. The breakfast was plentiful with something for everyone. Dorothy made sure I had everything I needed. I also used the restaurant a couple of nights and the set three course menu was very varied and both my daughter who was joining me and myself enjoyed our meals. I paid the £3.50 supplement for the sirloin the second night and enjoyed my steak. Still not expensive for three courses. Once again I found the staff to be very pleasant. I have stayed in better hotels decor wise but it was clean and tidy. I do agree with the comment about the small rooms. My first room was small but adequate for a person travelling on their own. The second room was bigger with a better outlook. I would not hesitate to use this hotel as my base again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front as these seem to be bigger.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I found this hotel to be very good, only stayed one night, room was clean, and the huge bed was very comfy, service was slick and friendly, breakfast was pretty good, lift was very quircky, took forever, but no complaints well worth £82 for a double room

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BJPDunfermline
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed here on a coach tour. When we arrived a wedding reception was taking place in the foyer so we had to negotiate our way through hords of people with our cases. Our room was directly above the smoking area and the room stank of cigarettes. It was also above the room where the reception was taking place so we had the thumping of loud music until 1am and the loud talking of the smokers. The wedding guests should have been allocated this room. The meal was good and staff efficient. In the morning we complained about the smell of the room and were told other people had complained but obviously management are not concerned. Whilest the smoking area is in the same place this room is unusable

Room Tip: If a reception is taking place refuse to stay on the first floor above the room holding it and, if g...
Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed here when working in Falkirk. I found the reception area to be clean and spacious. I was allocated a room, but wasn't given an upgrade even though I am a rewards member. If there were no upgrades available, I wasn't told why.

When I got to my room, it didn't look like it had been occupied for some time as the dust was unbelievable. It was obvious when I lifted up things like the remote control and the guests handbook that they hadn't been moved and the dust was visibly floating through in the air. I did speak to the receptionist who told me they would inform housekeeping and they were apologetic.

In the morning I tried out the breakfast which was very nice.

When I'm next in Falkirk I will probably give this another go in case it was a one off.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth
Helix Hotel
Helix Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Best Western Park Hotel? Share your experiences!