Metro Inns Falkirk
Hotel Cladhan(Falkirk)
US$108
US$105
US$92
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel(Falkirk)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
US$67
  • Bar/Lounge
US$67
  • Restaurant
US$77
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Falkirk North Hotel(Falkirk)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Grange Manor(Grangemouth)
US$128
US$124
US$74
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Left it very late to book a hotel in the Falkirk area and ended up at the Metro Inns with a room at £29.00. We realised it would be quite basic and that there was no ensuite. So, OK, it's no fun creeping along the corridor at 3am to the toilet, but they are self-cleaning (shutting the door on your way out ensures that little jets of water are squirted out on the floor which then runs away down the plughole). So the showers and the toilets were clean, the bed was comfy with nice clean sheets and duvet, wash-hand basin and TV and we had a single bunk bed above our double. For the price, you really couldn't ask for more. The young lady on reception was polite and friendly. The only thing we wish we had known earlier was that there are microwaves and a huge hot-water urn available in reception - we'd have taken teacups if we'd known!

Ideal for backpackers, close to both Falkirk and Grangemouth, equi-distant from Glasgow and Edinburgh - does the job.

Room Tip: Eat out at Benny T's restaurant when you're staying at the Metro Inns - super fish tea and lovely cakes all at reasonable prices.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
metrofalkirk, General Manager at Metro Inns Falkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of your stay with us at Metro Inns Falkirk.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be clean and my team polite and helpful.

We do also offer a number of ensuite rooms for people that prefer not to share toilet/shower facilities and these are still exceptional value for money.

Myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back to Metro Inns Falkirk in the near future.

Regards,

Will MacDonald
Metro Inns Falkirk

Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed in Metro-in this month, the booking was made trough the travel agency so I was not prepared for what I saw. I am used to sleep in F1 around the europe but this was certainly the worst I stayed in. Carpets were really VERY dirty, so I was so happy to have a slipers with me. Half of the toilets was broken or I do not know what was wrong- the red and green lights were probably cracked, or maybe the whole mechanism of self cleaning, everywhere on the floor was missing a toilet paper and if there was a toilet paper the flushing did not work....you can imagine if we were in a group of 50 people how unplesant this situation was. The last thing was a breakfast, I am not mentioning that the breakfast was a toast with salt butter and sweet marmalade, that was perfectly fine, I did not expected more, but when we came for a breakfast, there was almost everything missing (marmalade, tea, milk) and my boyfriend found out that his toast in a packet which was probably prepared evening before was slightly moldy. They gave him a fresh one, anyway not a good experience. There were two ladies at the reception (2 metres from a breakfastroom) and we informed them twice about a missing stuff, they were not very helpful.
Generaly speaking- if you do not have much money to spent on your accomodation, stay here, otherwise go to nearest neighbors. (50 metres)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank skuby22

Our hotel is not actually an F1 Hotel so I can only imagine that you have written your review on Metro Inns Falkirk as a mistake.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Went to check in to the hotel, manager took on a nasty attitude, refusing to check us in because one of the group was laughing.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank larne123
Reviewed 16 September 2010

For the price you could stay in a travel Inn and at least be able to use a clean toilet and shower. The room had a blue carpet which had large black marks all over the floor. Once the window had been shut the floor gave of a nasty smell all night that I could only desribe as a mixture of moth balls and urine.
If the room had been cleaned I would like to have meet the cleaner there was drink splashes up the heater and water splashs all around the sink area on the mirror tiles. All the ledges in hte room where caked in dust, I think this would be ok if you considered yourelf as a back packer. I would probably rate this accomodation as a hostel and fit for nothing else.
THe bathroom and toilet are like porto loos and were supposed to lcean after use, they smelt of urine, seat were dirty, floors were always wet and the outside of the toilet had stains of toilet cleaner. At times there was also no tissue..
THe staff did not appear to be interseted and I ended up getting my money back.
If you are looking for sleep I would not bother as it was very noisy all night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank luckeyluton
metrofalkirk, Manager at Metro Inns Falkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2010

On behalf of all at the Metro Inns Falkirk, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. The quality of our service and accommodation is something on which we pride ourselves. I am disappointed to read that on this occasion you were less than satisfied with an element (elements) of your stay.
On all websites it does clearly state that the standard bedrooms are not ensuite, however, there is always the option of booking one of our newly refurbished ensuite rooms on these sites along with the standard rooms.
Our shower/toilet pods are self cleaning, however our housekeeping team deep clean these everyday. The reason why the floor is often wet is as a result from the self cleaning process which occurs after each time the toilet has been used.
If you had spoken to any memeber of staff prior to check out the following morning we would have been happy to have given you another room, as the hotel was fairly quiet and we always like to ensure our guests are happy.
I am suprised to hear that you did not sleep due to 'noise' as nobody in the hotel made any comments regarding any disturbance throughout the night and we do have a night porter working throughout the night.
All of my team have been advised of your comments. It is only with the type of honest feedback you have given, that we are able to maintain an outstanding product on a continuing basis.
Once again I would like to express my disappointment and my sincerest apologies for your dissatisfaction. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future to give us the opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

We stayed here for one night so we could explore the surrounding area. My husband had stayed in the past and I wasn't impressed when he described it and wasn't looking forward to our stay. I had visions of dirty sheets etc. However I was pleasantly surprised - our room and bed linen was perfectly clean and the big fluffy bathtowels were great. Our 5 year old loved the bunk bed and the 1 year old loved climbing the ladder too! The bunkbed needed making up but it's not exactly a big job. The mattress was a bit uncomfortable and thicker pillows would have been nice but at under £30 for all of us it was fine. The unisex self cleaning toilets were a bit strange - clean enough but the jets don't clean the bits round the pedestal that well. I've been in worse though! I thought the shower was great - roomy and plenty of hot water and a separate area to dry off/dress in. We didn't use the "lounge" area - that looked a little tired but had toasters microwaves a hot water urn etc if you wanted to self cater. My husband said he wouldn't stay more than one night - I probably would - I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely use Metro Inns again as a budget no frills option.

• Stayed: August 2010