“A Hostel with a little added privacy”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Metro Inns Falkirk

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Falkirk
New Dundee, Canada
“A Hostel with a little added privacy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I'm glad it was only for a night.
The twin beds were very soft and in the morning we heard a spring make an interesting 'sproing' sound when I sat up. The Shower/Toilet/sink were all tucked into a closet. At least our room had an 'en suite' and we didn't have to go to the showers or toilets down the hall.

There was not a breakfast included and that might have been a good thing.

I wouldn't stay again but it didn't hurt me for one night.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

When only paying £40 you don't expect much, but a clean place would be a start. The room was tiny, but thought ok not the end of the world, tea spoon and cup were covered in brown tea coffee residue, requested a clean set, reception girl
cleaned them in a cupboard sink! Bed side light didnt work, corridors and stair were extremely dirty, the front of the building was disgraceful the car park area was long passed its best. Having used the toilet I went to receiption to request the new cup and spoon, on returning to the room I noticed the sound of running water the toilet button had stayed down and the loo water was now running down into the floor of the laughingly called en suite. This was advised to the reception on going out at night, who asked to see, I was shocked to find they hadnt even dried the floor when I returned. The following morning I opted for a shower bad idea the shower fitting was leakin at the pipe joins, and after 5 min I still had no hot water. And as for the 11pm noise curfew well what a joke, there was constant noise all night. The bed pillow case wasn't even on the right way out.
I can honestly say had I slept on the Falkirk streets last night I would have been more comfortable. I do note from pervious reviews that the general manager only seems to respond to positives one, poor very poor, in general I should be ready to expect a full refund, as this was not offered this morning I will not hold my breath.
Pay the extra and stay else where as place is shocking. oh and nearly forgot the remote you paid £10 deposit for didn't work, that was the only good bit of the whole night the large Smsung flat screen telly, it was bigger than the loo!
Helen McAllister Room 248 Sat 02/06/12

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank helenmca712016

Travellers are raving about these Falkirk hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I've worked in this indusrty for almost 16 years , I couldent beleve what it was like when I saw it , this was the room they werE advertising yet it looked amazing I was mortified to walk into this ,,, although when u think of the price it wasent so bad but , I went for a smoke the nite porter said to me ..... God sake I'm haveing a smoke to. Whick I said I'm sorry got locked out then he said well that's ur prob not mine , I was mortified I'm not a bad person but no one talks to me like that so about a hour later he stopped me in the corridor he complAined I was in the toilet to long I appoliges he said if uve been puking u will clean it I said I was having a pee !!!!! Hoestly its cheap but its a hole stay away go accross the road. To travel lodge pay. A extra 8 -10 pound thers so much I want to say x

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank 23011976
Yorkshire, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

From walking in the door until the minute you leave you will not fail to be unimpressed with this hotel.

The staff (in the singular) spends more time outside smoking than he does at the front desk, in fact I spoke to a couple who waited over 20 minutes just to check in.

We were shown to a filthy room (hairs in the bed and an unidentified brown stain) which upon showing it to the only member of staff working was quickly upgraded to one of their "better" rooms.

We spent the evening out and only returned to sleep (in our clothes) and left at 7.00am.

There were definitely ladies using some of the rooms for immoral purposes which meant there were quite a few "gentlemen" hanging around the reception area at around 11.00pm.

On the plus side this hotel charges £25.00 per for a double room so you can't have it both ways, although my advice would be to pay a little extra and stay elsewhere or be prepared to be very underwhelmed.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an en-suite room or stay next-door at either the Premier Inn or the Falkirk Inn.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank rainorsunshine
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

Well you would do better staying at the Travellodge next door, but then most nights you would pay more for that. The Metro is basic. We stayed there because they were happy to accommodate our dog, for another fiver, which I thought was a good deal. That did mean that we had to use the bathroom down the hall room, but I guess that is OK.
The experience remedied me of a Youth Hostel. It was adequate and chep. The loos and shower were curious self cleaning units. Personally I was satisfied that it was a good value experience and the bed was comfy.
Oddities were the deposit to borrow a tv remote, but I guess guests must have stolen them in the past, and having rooms without loos, but they have ensuite for a few pounds more if you require that.
On the plus side, it was clean and cheap and they let my dog stay.

• Stayed November 2010
metrofalkirk, General Manager at Metro Inns Falkirk, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of your recent stay with us.

We pride ourselves on offering unbeatable value for money compared to other hotels in the area. I believe some hotels do charge £20 per dog per night (if you can find a hotel that accepts pets!) so we are very pleased allow dogs to stay in our standard rooms for £5.00 pnpd.

I am glad that you found the hotel to be both clean and comfortable during your stay with us.

Dromana, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights .. The room was small but the TV was huge .. It was quite relaxing to lie back on the bed and watch TV. In order to get the remote for the TV you had to pay a deposit at reception, but this wasn't a problem. The room was clean and fresh .. There is was an excellent restaurant close by. The reception staff were friendly and helpful .. Jusging by the cars in the carpark there were plenty of guests but we didn't hear a sound.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of your stay with us at Metro Inns Falkirk.

Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We opted for the ensuited double room... it was very tiny, just enough room to walk around the bed and had a wet room built into the room containing a shower, toilet and basin. I was a bit unsure about the ensuite at first but after using it found it quite okay. What we found quite amusing was the room had a MASSIVE LCD TV! Totally out of proportion with the room but we weren't complaining! In the complex of hotels and restaurants in walking distance we had a lovely 3 course meal (Beancross Restaurant) for GPB10 per person which was great quality and value.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Metro Inns Falkirk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Antonine Hotel
#5 of 10 in Falkirk
Helix Hotel
Helix Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Metro Inns Falkirk? Share your experiences!