“going home”
Review of Metro Inns Falkirk

Metro Inns Falkirk
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Falkirk
Reviewed 26 March 2013

did not like there tolets or shower room cleaning not so good very good staff glad to help you somethimes The rooms were freezing and one member off staff gave us the thought that we were not there when we talked to him marrty i think his name was no soap in the shower room i got told they dont put soap in the soap holders lol as they were there from the old hotel THEN TAKE THEM DOWN THEN ???????????

Room Tip: just dont stay here
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I've stayed at other hotels in the chain and I have to say that this one has yet to undergo the changes that the others have done. Maybe I just didn't get a 'refurb' room as there wasn't one available when I booked. Or just the fact it just hadn't had one. Rooms are very cell like and even more basic than I remember. For instance, there used to be a kettle. When I got here I was asked for a £10 deposit if I wanted the TV REMOTE CONTROLS. I was only there for 1 night so for the £22 I paid for the room I couldn't complain. It was quiet and warm. No offer of breakfast as yet in these places. The saying is correct in that you get what you pay for however other hotels in the Metro Inn chain provide a comfier double bed and a 42" plasma tv on the wall, and some are en-suite. About time this particular one brought itself up to the others standards. I'm sure they would make a bit more money if a breakfast was offered, and that goes for all hotels that don't provide this service. Not all hotel goers are holiday makers. The bulk of people using hotels during the week are business people and trade people alike and would like a breakfast in the morning to start their day.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed here over the weekend as we were working in bathgate, now I wasn't expecting the ritz but it really was the Pitts. Ok 24 quid a night but the manager abused my black co worker for nothing other than using a toilet that didn't have an out of order sign on the door and was so anti English it was untrue. The linen had hair on and the toilets were filthy. The rooms were freezing and the management let students scream and shout at 4am and done nothing. I'd rather sleep in the gutter than here, avoid like the plague in fact you would probably catch the plague here

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank jamesharvey3
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We were going to a night out in Falkirk so booked Metro Inn ,wish I had read reviews before . We walked into the bedroom and walked back out again it was disgusting and the smell was awful, . My husband put the key back on the reception desk on the way out . I asked about a refund as we hadn't used the room but boy at desk pointed to notice about 48 hr cancellation .They never asked what the problem was or offered a replacement room in case it was just that particular room .Obviously this happens quite a lot as the staff didn't seem surprised . It wasn't that expensive so just put it down to experience . I would never go back or recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank alison m
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed for 1 night with my family to be able to attend a wedding. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was basic but clean, the beds were comfortable, the bedding and the towels provided were clean. The room contains a sink so you can brush your teeth etc. The toilets and showers are shared, however they are just down the corridor, there were no queues and they were cleaned regularly. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Considering we only paid £29.50 for 3 people it was very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights with my two teenage children to attend a family event.
It was incredibly cheap at £88 for the 3 of us for 3 nights, leaving us more money to spend at the shops.
The Metro Inn rooms are very small, a bit like staying in a hostel. No tea and coffee making facillities in the room but that was fine as we were hardly there. We didnt watch Tv at all.
We had toilets and showers which we shared with others on our floor, this was fine with no queues at all. The shower was hot and powerful and the toilets were fine, tiny little cubicles.
There is a room downstairs with micro waves/large hot water earn and toasters. You need to bring your own breakfast including tea bags. Again this was fine for us.
The Metro Inn was easy to find just off the M9 motorway.
The staff were friendly and helpful and we had lovely clean towels every day in our room.
In summary i would suggest that this accomm would suit folk who are used to basic facillities and don't mind paying less for less and it really is true " you get what you pay for"

Room Tip: The room we had facing the front was noisy one night with folk outside and so we had to close the wi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed for just the one night needing somewhere that took dogs and after reading some reviews was a bit dubious. But it was just the job the room was basic but very clean as was the toilets and shower we used.Having read no tea making facilities are provided we took our own and a flask which we refilled from the urn in reception.You are provided with towels and the bed was clean and comfortable. They have notices up to say anyone making noise after 11.00pm will be removed from the hotel and it was certainly working we never heard a sound all night.The staff were pleasant and very helpful and next door is a very good reasonable restaurant.In easy reach of Edinburgh and we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
The Adamson Hotel
The Adamson Hotel
#2 of 2 in Crossford

Been to Metro Inns Falkirk? Share your experiences!