“Avoid like the plague!!”
Review of Metro Inns Falkirk

Metro Inns Falkirk
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Falkirk
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Avoid like the plague!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Room booked for me my wife and 2 babies to stay overnight prior to flying home the next day.
The "hotel" a term I am using in loosest term possible was disgusting, dirty and crampt!
Unprofessional staff and obviously poor cleaning standards as I have left covered in bites from an unknown source! I will never return or recommend this type of accommodation as first impressions are important.
Rancid!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

Basically its a dump. I'm a contractor so I'm used to occasional 'slumming' but wish i'd paid the extra £20 per night and stopped at Travelodge. Room basic, carpet dirty (sick stain at the side of the bed), shower (down the hall) is like a swimming bath shower, bed linen smelled of cigarettes. If your looking for a cheap room and dont have standards then this would be ideal for you, if you want comfort look elsewhere

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Juliothespark

Travellers are raving about these Falkirk hotels

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked this on the intnet whilst traveling from England. I dont think this is a hotel . Might be a boarding house. The residents have thier dogs in recpetion and use the phone at reception to order fast food to be delivered in. Bags of garbage hung outside windows . Toilet is like an airplane toilet and is located in the shower as is sink ect. It is noisey as only some of the rooms have bathrooms, the other rooms share a bathroom so there is a lot of action in the corridors.
Keys go in a box on reception desk if you leave. Might be better described as a hostel for young people. I would suggest you look for another option .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scotdeemex
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

With the price of £25 we weren't expecting much. However, the sheer rudeness of the staff combined with the disgustingly dirty room was too much for us and so we left. Luckily it's very close to a premier inn and a travellodge.

• Stayed March 2013
Norrkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 26 March 2013

did not like there tolets or shower room cleaning not so good very good staff glad to help you somethimes The rooms were freezing and one member off staff gave us the thought that we were not there when we talked to him marrty i think his name was no soap in the shower room i got told they dont put soap in the soap holders lol as they were there from the old hotel THEN TAKE THEM DOWN THEN ???????????

Room Tip: just dont stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I've stayed at other hotels in the chain and I have to say that this one has yet to undergo the changes that the others have done. Maybe I just didn't get a 'refurb' room as there wasn't one available when I booked. Or just the fact it just hadn't had one. Rooms are very cell like and even more basic than I remember. For instance, there used to be a kettle. When I got here I was asked for a £10 deposit if I wanted the TV REMOTE CONTROLS. I was only there for 1 night so for the £22 I paid for the room I couldn't complain. It was quiet and warm. No offer of breakfast as yet in these places. The saying is correct in that you get what you pay for however other hotels in the Metro Inn chain provide a comfier double bed and a 42" plasma tv on the wall, and some are en-suite. About time this particular one brought itself up to the others standards. I'm sure they would make a bit more money if a breakfast was offered, and that goes for all hotels that don't provide this service. Not all hotel goers are holiday makers. The bulk of people using hotels during the week are business people and trade people alike and would like a breakfast in the morning to start their day.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
west midlands
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed here over the weekend as we were working in bathgate, now I wasn't expecting the ritz but it really was the Pitts. Ok 24 quid a night but the manager abused my black co worker for nothing other than using a toilet that didn't have an out of order sign on the door and was so anti English it was untrue. The linen had hair on and the toilets were filthy. The rooms were freezing and the management let students scream and shout at 4am and done nothing. I'd rather sleep in the gutter than here, avoid like the plague in fact you would probably catch the plague here

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank jamesharvey3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth
Grange Manor
Grange Manor
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Metro Inns Falkirk? Share your experiences!