“excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metro Inns Falkirk

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Metro Inns Falkirk
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Falkirk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived at reception to an unpleasant smell but saw a dog bed beside desk and put it down to that. Headed up to our room and the smell got worse it was like urine :-(
We opened the room door which opens about an inch away from the bed and yes it smelt the same.
My friend went to the toilets while I sat thinking this place is minging and she came back to tell me the toilets were disgusting and so we decided to leave and not stay.
Never have I walked out of a hotel before but it was just horrendous.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
aylesbury
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have to say that this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a lot. The rooms were like a youth hostel room with only a sink, a one channel tv and 2 coat hangers. There was no bathroom. The toilet and shower cubicles were up the corridor and were disgusting. One toilet did not flush and needless to say I didn't have a shower whilst there. When I complained to the young receptionist I was told that I didn't have to stay there I could go somewhere else. I certainly wll not be staying there again!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother. There was no gym or pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Falkirk hotels

Drumnadrochit, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I'm going to write two reviews for this property as I've stayed 3 times in 2 types of room.

This is for the 1st stay. "STANDARD ROOM".

Firstly, the staff are lovely and friendly. There are dogs - but this is a bonus for us. Nice dogs.

The kitchen is clean, has everything you need to make a dinner and cannot be faulted. It has saved us a fortune as we can cook and eat there.

As for the rooms, honestly, I imagine there are prison cells nicer than the standard room and as for the toilets and showers - well, they were clean. But not exactly homely.

However, it is £25 a night and 3 people can stay for that. £25!!! You can't complain at that price really. Although I would expect it to be classed as a hostel rather than the rather grand and misleading description of "Hotel"!

Also - the double bed was amazingly comfortable. We didn't try out the bunk as our little boy is still in his travel cot (which barely fits in the room - but it does fit at a squeeze.)

It was certainly alright. You get what you pay for and if I'm honest, we got a bit more. I've stayed in places not much better for more than twice the price. Which is why we went back and will continue to go back.

Room Tip: If you can afford an extra tenner per night go for an en suite room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Good location for Falkirk, if you have a car, but hard to find, even with a satnav -could do with a sign from the main road, which it was actually just off. Basically it's right next to the Falkirk Travelodge.
The staff were enthusiastic and very friendly and we LOVED the fully equipped kitchen wehere you could cook a meal just as you can in a hostel. There were several microwaves, kettles, fridges and cookers and the place was very busy. We opted for the very basic room, the cheapest available as we were only there one night and it was adequate. The 'self-clean' toilet cubicles down the hall were unnervingly cramped and plastic (think National Express coach toilets) and the fact they self cleaned the cubicle after each visitor meant the floors were always wet. On the plus side at least you knew it WAS just clean water they were wet with!
The big plus here was the free wi-fi, definitely a draw considering the room price -we paid £25 for the room for one night and it could have slept 3 people.
Would definitely use Metro-Inns again as we are very budget conscious travellers.

Room Tip: Might be worth paying the extra tenner to get an ensuite of you are there more than one night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely filthy, feet stick to the carpets and whole place smells damp and stale. Wouldn't reconnect this place to my worst enemy, save yourself the disappointment and try somewhere else. Whoever owns this place should be ashamed, get your act together and get the place refurbished.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lovemygrub888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Antonine Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth
BEST WESTERN Park Hotel
BEST WESTERN Park Hotel
#4 of 10 in Falkirk

Been to Metro Inns Falkirk? Share your experiences!