“thank you”
Review of Metro Inns Falkirk

Metro Inns Falkirk
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Falkirk
Reviewed 16 March 2010

after we booked into the Merto I read the reviews and was worried about what we would find, I worried for nothing. When we got there Angela the receptionist/manageress noticed my husband was disabled and right away put us in a disabled room, It was spotless, lovely clean crisp white sheets and duvet , We had a disabled toilet/shower room which was spotless.All the staff were friendly and couldnt do enough. we stayed three nights and we are going to book again for in a couple of months time.Thank you ALL the staff at metro Falkirk

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2009

I agree with many of the reviews. The rooms were small, which was to be expected given the price and had a sink and ancient TV alongside the small double bed with a metal bunk bed over. A cheap scratchy sheet, the thinnest duvet and hardest pillow ever felt was on the extremely uncomfortable bed. Doors could be heard banging at all hours, and the toilets and showers required a pair of wellies never mind flip flops as although they were clean, were always swimming in 2 inches of water after the self clean process

There was a very rude unhelpful duty manager on the night of the Heinekin Cup final. We had arranged to get the hotel minibus back to the hotel after the game but were given the wrong info where to get it back from. Even though we had been given written instructions from the hotel, the minibus failed to pick us up. The manager refused to reimburse us for the minibus or pay for the taxi back or even acknowledge we had been given the wrong information. A letter of complaint is now in process

Everything about the hotel is cheap and unless you are absolutely desperate for a bed for the night, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. For a minimal amount more, a night at the next door premier in would be like staying at the Hilton in comparison

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank Julie T
Reviewed 22 December 2008

I am normally a really positive reviewer but I have joined tripadvisor for the sole purpose of making sure nobody makes the same mistake as I did.

First mistake: remember what everyone says, you get what you pay for. This is a cheap option... but you will realise why. It is absolutely no frills, no pillows, no en suite toilet, no quiet, no responsibility from staff, no available shower, no underlay (the carpet is like a Rizla), no doors that shut quietly. The toilet and showers are like portaloo's the whole thing flushes out everytime someone goes, take flip flops.

Second mistake; when I left 'Halls of residence' 15 years ago I thought it would be the last time I was kept up by drunken people till 6am with no security guard - WRONG! I actually ended up sleeping outside in the car at 4am to get a bit of quiet... Go there at your peril!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nelson2996
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Recently stayed for three nights in this hotel and was pleasantly suprised. I read all the reviews i could and was unconvinced,as they were a little uncomplimentry in general,but i decided to give it a try.

Excellent value at £87 for 2 adults and a dog (hard to find a dog friendly hotel!!!) for 3 nights. Very professional and friendly staff who gave us a warm welcome at a nice easy,quick check in.

No real problems with noise nusance,but doors could be heard shutting in surrounding rooms.

Most other guests seemed to be single blokes or groups of working blokes using the accomodation.

Toilets and showers are communal and located in groups along corridors. They are unisex and are of the self cleaning variety (think ship or oil rig type?) and i had no problems with cleanliness,although they were a little cramped? Taking some flip-flops or similar may be useful,as there was'nt much in the way of dry floor for getting dressed. Perhaps this was because the hotel was reasonably quiet during my stay?

Room was on the small side,but perfectly fine and clean. Contains a double bed and a single bunk above. Wash basin and mirrors in one corner, corner table,chair and t.v. in the other. Bed was very comfortable and a good nights sleep was had by all!

I would stay here again with pleasure

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2008

This hotel was cheap, very cheap and we expected very basic accommodation. Small room, uncomfortable bed, sink, bunk bed over the bed to bang your head on but hey, for the price . . . What was more unacceptable was the stinking toilets, complete with loo seat with chewing gum on. And the lack of any soundproofing whatsoever - so that when the very drunken party came in at three in the morning and proceeded to run up and down the corridors, shout to each other, fall out of the bunk beds, and generally create the kind of noise that wouldn't be out of place at a football stadium, we got to hear it all for 2 hours. Despite the "No Noise After 11pm" signs prominently displayed on all the corridors the staff didn't appear to make much attempt to shut them up. So a very cheap way of getting no sleep if that's what you're looking for!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fancyrats
Reviewed 16 April 2007

Having just returned from another visit to this Formule 1 I'd like to add to my previous review. I still find this place to be incredible value for money.

For instance I saw a nice French family of 3 ( tourists presumably) who were using the hotel, and I find it almost inconceivable that they could have spent the night for 25 pounds total. It's brilliant value for money.

My room on this occasion was still spotless, clean, and comfortable but with none of the sweaty smells I noticed on a previous visit. The clientele were still your typical "white van man" workmen., In fact there were no less than seventeen white vans parked outside.

Remember to take the credit card you used to make the booking. And debit cards are NOT accepted by the weird robotic "check in machine" in the foyer. I found the screen on this machine VERY hard to read, especially in direct sunlight. This is a pity because you do need to be able to see your door entry PIN.

Lastly, I have now used Grangemouth taxis to/from the Formule 1 on 4 separate occasions. On 3 of these occasions, the drivers have informed me that this hotel is popular with clandestine couples for "quickies", -for whom the anonimity and cheapness makes it ideal.... but at these prices who can blame them?

A clean, cheap and interesting hotel; Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2007

I booked this on the internet and when I arrived, the check in was handled by a large machine in reception. You just put in your credit card and it gives you the 4-digit pin for your room door! In fact I checked in without seeing another human being.
Now let me say that I stay in hotels A LOT but this is a very strange hotel, very different from the norm.... In many ways it is like an accommodation module on an oil rig. In fact that's what it reminded me of, very strongly.

There are no "en suite" toilets or showers, instead there are these weird "automatic" self cleaning toilets and showers , sort of like superloos and spotlessly clean.

You may consider that the absence of en-suite facilities makes this hotel unsuitable for ladies, and you'd be right. In fact it seems more like a working man's hostel, judging from the other clentele I saw. But at those prices who can blame them. And it IS very clean. The room I was given was a "smoking" room and I wasn't aware you could still get such a thing. It smelled heavily of stale sweat- like a working man's hostel, of course. The room had a double bed, and above the double bed, another "bunk " style bed. The mattress was extremely comfortable . The room was very small- almost "japanese" small- and the soundproofing was very poor. I could get my car parked right outside the window, which was a bonus.

Would I use it again? Yes, definitely at those prices. But I would not take a lady there... my over-riding memory is of the smell of stale sweat in the room.

Alll in all, a fun experience.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank GrossPierre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel
Helix Hotel
Helix Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa

Been to Metro Inns Falkirk? Share your experiences!