“\the worst accomodation I have ever stayed in and the most dirty and smelly.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Metro Inns Falkirk

Metro Inns Falkirk
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Falkirk
luton
“\the worst accomodation I have ever stayed in and the most dirty and smelly.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

For the price you could stay in a travel Inn and at least be able to use a clean toilet and shower. The room had a blue carpet which had large black marks all over the floor. Once the window had been shut the floor gave of a nasty smell all night that I could only desribe as a mixture of moth balls and urine.
If the room had been cleaned I would like to have meet the cleaner there was drink splashes up the heater and water splashs all around the sink area on the mirror tiles. All the ledges in hte room where caked in dust, I think this would be ok if you considered yourelf as a back packer. I would probably rate this accomodation as a hostel and fit for nothing else.
THe bathroom and toilet are like porto loos and were supposed to lcean after use, they smelt of urine, seat were dirty, floors were always wet and the outside of the toilet had stains of toilet cleaner. At times there was also no tissue..
THe staff did not appear to be interseted and I ended up getting my money back.
If you are looking for sleep I would not bother as it was very noisy all night.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank luckeyluton
metrofalkirk, Manager at Metro Inns Falkirk, responded to this review, 18 September 2010
On behalf of all at the Metro Inns Falkirk, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. The quality of our service and accommodation is something on which we pride ourselves. I am disappointed to read that on this occasion you were less than satisfied with an element (elements) of your stay.
On all websites it does clearly state that the standard bedrooms are not ensuite, however, there is always the option of booking one of our newly refurbished ensuite rooms on these sites along with the standard rooms.
Our shower/toilet pods are self cleaning, however our housekeeping team deep clean these everyday. The reason why the floor is often wet is as a result from the self cleaning process which occurs after each time the toilet has been used.
If you had spoken to any memeber of staff prior to check out the following morning we would have been happy to have given you another room, as the hotel was fairly quiet and we always like to ensure our guests are happy.
I am suprised to hear that you did not sleep due to 'noise' as nobody in the hotel made any comments regarding any disturbance throughout the night and we do have a night porter working throughout the night.
All of my team have been advised of your comments. It is only with the type of honest feedback you have given, that we are able to maintain an outstanding product on a continuing basis.
Once again I would like to express my disappointment and my sincerest apologies for your dissatisfaction. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future to give us the opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

We stayed here for one night so we could explore the surrounding area. My husband had stayed in the past and I wasn't impressed when he described it and wasn't looking forward to our stay. I had visions of dirty sheets etc. However I was pleasantly surprised - our room and bed linen was perfectly clean and the big fluffy bathtowels were great. Our 5 year old loved the bunk bed and the 1 year old loved climbing the ladder too! The bunkbed needed making up but it's not exactly a big job. The mattress was a bit uncomfortable and thicker pillows would have been nice but at under £30 for all of us it was fine. The unisex self cleaning toilets were a bit strange - clean enough but the jets don't clean the bits round the pedestal that well. I've been in worse though! I thought the shower was great - roomy and plenty of hot water and a separate area to dry off/dress in. We didn't use the "lounge" area - that looked a little tired but had toasters microwaves a hot water urn etc if you wanted to self cater. My husband said he wouldn't stay more than one night - I probably would - I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely use Metro Inns again as a budget no frills option.

• Stayed August 2010
Zierikzee, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

We spent 6 nights at this hotel and a read the reviews in advance.Ok the shower and toilet floors are wet because of the self cleaning methode, a pair of flipflops are recomended. The staff were great. The room was a bit small but we did not expect it to be much bigger. Don`t forget that you are not paying that much.
This is a hotel for people wo only want to sleep.And that was what we were looking for. We would come a second time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trudy32
metrofalkirk, Manager at Metro Inns Falkirk, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Metro Inns Falkirk. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and would be happy to return on another visit.
We now have a number of newly refurbished ensuite rooms available with more underway. These rooms are a varity of twins/doubles and enjoy wetroom style ensuite, tea and coffee making facilities and 42in plasma screens with freeview. Perhaps on a return trip you would like to sample one of these rooms.
Yorkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

The place is awful. Entering the building, you feel like you are visiting a young offenders correctional facility. The room looks & feels like a bus shelter where some well intentioned tramp has left you some rather unsavory looking sheets, too thin to keep you warm. Who knows when they were last washed. Thankfully you have your coat to sleep in.

Fat hairy men walk around in the corridors sporting only a towel around their waist on their way to the showers. You try to breathe through your ears as you catch the stench from the overused toilets.

It's 11pm & you have been driving 14 hours. Truly revolted at the thought of staying here a moment longer you try to convince yourself that you can keep driving for another 5 hours without nodding off at the wheel & ending up under a articulated lorry.

But it's no use. Your eyelids begin to feel heavy & the fleas & bedbugs assume attack postions as you begin to curl up in the fetal position & cry yourself to sleep.

• Stayed August 2008
4 Thank Greenlady7
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your visit and found the hotel to be both clean and comfortable.
As a comapany we have now bought Metro Inn Falkirk and are currently undergoing a refurbishment programme which will see the hotel upgraded. A number of our rooms have already been refurbished and included ensuite facilities, tea and coffee making facilities and 42in plasma screens with freeview. We will also be upgrading our reception area so that this is more welcoming for guests.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Metro Inns.

Travellers are raving about these Falkirk hotels

yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

after we booked into the Merto I read the reviews and was worried about what we would find, I worried for nothing. When we got there Angela the receptionist/manageress noticed my husband was disabled and right away put us in a disabled room, It was spotless, lovely clean crisp white sheets and duvet , We had a disabled toilet/shower room which was spotless.All the staff were friendly and couldnt do enough. we stayed three nights and we are going to book again for in a couple of months time.Thank you ALL the staff at metro Falkirk

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Leicester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

I agree with many of the reviews. The rooms were small, which was to be expected given the price and had a sink and ancient TV alongside the small double bed with a metal bunk bed over. A cheap scratchy sheet, the thinnest duvet and hardest pillow ever felt was on the extremely uncomfortable bed. Doors could be heard banging at all hours, and the toilets and showers required a pair of wellies never mind flip flops as although they were clean, were always swimming in 2 inches of water after the self clean process

There was a very rude unhelpful duty manager on the night of the Heinekin Cup final. We had arranged to get the hotel minibus back to the hotel after the game but were given the wrong info where to get it back from. Even though we had been given written instructions from the hotel, the minibus failed to pick us up. The manager refused to reimburse us for the minibus or pay for the taxi back or even acknowledge we had been given the wrong information. A letter of complaint is now in process

Everything about the hotel is cheap and unless you are absolutely desperate for a bed for the night, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. For a minimal amount more, a night at the next door premier in would be like staying at the Hilton in comparison

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank Julie T
Chesterfield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2008

I am normally a really positive reviewer but I have joined tripadvisor for the sole purpose of making sure nobody makes the same mistake as I did.

First mistake: remember what everyone says, you get what you pay for. This is a cheap option... but you will realise why. It is absolutely no frills, no pillows, no en suite toilet, no quiet, no responsibility from staff, no available shower, no underlay (the carpet is like a Rizla), no doors that shut quietly. The toilet and showers are like portaloo's the whole thing flushes out everytime someone goes, take flip flops.

Second mistake; when I left 'Halls of residence' 15 years ago I thought it would be the last time I was kept up by drunken people till 6am with no security guard - WRONG! I actually ended up sleeping outside in the car at 4am to get a bit of quiet... Go there at your peril!!!!!

• Disliked — Read my review.. Everything apart from the refund.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank nelson2996
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Antonine Hotel
#5 of 10 in Falkirk
Helix Hotel
Helix Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Metro Inns Falkirk? Share your experiences!