“Not good”

Voodoo Lounge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Use to go come here all the time with my friends and have lunch but standards are slipping , we were the only people in having lunch the music was to loud and the food was terrible

2  Thank daniella109

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We used to go to Voodoo Lounge for food regularly (at least once a week) and always enjoyed it because the food was plentiful, good and innovative. Unfortunately our last couple of visits have been disappointing and today's meal was enough to make our minds up that we won't be back..

As always the service was spot on; our wee waitress was friendly, helpful and efficient, buzzing around at 100 miles an hour making it look very easy - she was the highlight of our visit, no doubt about it. Unfortunately the food standards have really slipped; we were both disappointed with our meals.

I had a ciabatta which was so hard I couldn't even cut it with my knife and fork, and risked breaking a tooth trying to bite into it! When I did get a break in it, the whole thing shattered! My accompanying nachos were completely unseasoned and bland, and my side of onion rings were woefully under-cooked, pale and floppy, luke warm and unseasoned. The only nice thing about my meal was the salad, which was crisp and fresh with lovely dressing.

My partner's burger was totally unseasoned, tasted of nothing, and only the accompanying chilli gave it any flavour at all. His chips were undercooked and tepid; note to chef: chips are supposed to be crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle, NOT soft on the outside and mushy in the middle - they tasted like defrosted frozen chips cooked in too-cool oil and not left in long enough.

On top of this, the multiple screens in the place were tuned into a rugby match with the volume so loud we couldn't hear ourselves speak. Not a great atmosphere to sit and eat in.

Sorry guys, this is not good enough. Voodoo used to be THE place to go, the food was always amazing and portions were generous, prices reasonable and service good. But this was so bad we simply won't be back. We didn't complain because the waitress was far too nice to upset, but we will vote with our feet. You have lost a couple of good customers Voodoo, I'm sorry to say.

1  Thank mizliz_uk
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

No issues with service in fact the waitress was too nice to complain to. Disappointed in food. Sharing platter was disgusting the grease was dripping from it. The nachos included in the sharing platter were burnt and the tiny slither of cheese burnt and solidified on top. Burger was better but mediocre. I am anything but a fussy eater and never have any complaints with any food from a restaurant so this must be bad for me to complain.

1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Waitress needs to sell the place and offer all menus and make customer aware of any specials , will try again to give it another go maybe just a bad day

2  Thank nurse_mccleary
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I often go to Voodoo Lounge for a few drinks in the evening, so my cousin and I decided to try their menu. We have eaten twice at voodoo lounge this year. The first time we ate from the value lunch menu and the food was quite good for what you pay for. Unfortunately, our second visit in July was atrocious, I am assuming they have a new Chef. The steak pie was 80% fat and chewy and chips were barely passable, the soft drinks were flat and the service was average. I don't think I will be perusing the food menu anytime soon. Just awful.

2  Thank chrisrob90