“Best in the area”
Review of Alder's Traditional Tearoom - CLOSED

Alder's Traditional Tearoom
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run tearoom specializing in home-made meals and cakes. You'll find the staff all very friendly and nothing is too much bother for them. Because the food is freshly prepared to order there may be a wait when we are busy but believe me once the food arrives you'll realize it was well worth the wait.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This tearoom is absolutely amazing . .. . Delicious home made food and cakes. over the lengthy time my mum and I have been visiting here we have never had any complaints about the food. Everything is always freshly made and so tasty. This is a must try and staff are always very pleasant and welcoming that we wouldn't go anywhere else. :)

1  Thank Fionna G

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hadn't realised this place even existed in Falkirk - I've been missing out for the past seven years!
The macaroni cheese with potato wedges was gorgeous, as was the cheesecake. Not many restaurants/tearooms etc have me determined to go back - this one most definitely does! Opening times Wed to Sat.
Recommend without hesitation!

1  Thank K R F
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Heard about the great reviews this tearoom had and had to try it. I wasn't disappointed !! Rolls were hot and tasty, cakes were to die for - especially the meringues. My daughter had a hot chocolate indulgence which had loads of cream , marshmallows and a flake. It tasted brilliant. My Mum who is quite fussy said her fried egg roll was the best in Falkirk !! Definately would go back!

2  Thank Kaz767
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Having heard good reviews about this restaurant we decided to find out for ourselves and we were not disappointed. Friendly staff and great food. The clootie dumpling is a definite to try. It is superb!!! Will definitely return.

1  Thank Joly2016
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I live in Falkirk but only found this wonderful restaurant/cafe and the service was wonderful. The food was delicious. I would advise any one visiting Scotland, either Glasgow or Edinburgh to find this lovely cafe located in the centre of lovely falkirk. Try their supreme hot chocolate it is heavenly. The cafe was immaculately clean and you felt the comfort of home style cooking as you step through the door. Its on Cow Wynd off from the High Street and down that lane past the bakery, the butcher's and the post office and a little further down is this great cafe. Enjoy!!!

1  Thank CharleneL817