“Sweet treat!!!!!”

The Milk Barn
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Falkirk
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Icecream Parlour and Cafe, serving light lunches and delicious ice cream
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were looking for something different today and came across 'The Milk Barn' - I live locally but had not heard of it!! Any way we popped up for ice cream which was a lovely treat. Service was very good very friendly! Our trip was timed perfectly as at 3.30 pm you can watch the cows coming down off the field for milking it was great to watch !!!!

1  Thank Fioyna
There are newer reviews for The Milk Barn

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've been waiting to try the milk barn for a few months last time we visited the queue was a mile long so we didn't go in, I'd heard a lot about this place and thought it would be amazing but it wasn't. My milkshake was a bit tasteless and a toastie that was ok except for the shredded iceberg salad with dried out cucumber. I also had the ice cream and that was ok but not the best that I've ever had. The price was reasonable the service was good I will return.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

After watching with interest this place literally go viral on social media in the local area it seemed I was the only one who hadn't joined the milk barn madness! Popped in the other day with a date & it's awesome! From the kids play park to the informative staff who explained what they offered and some info on flavours(we even got to try one before choosing!). Can't recommend the place enough it's great that local places are doing well and this place and it's staff deserve all the credit they are receiving! Well done guys!

2  Thank Massimo_says
Sian_TheMilkBarn, Manager at The Milk Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to The Milk Barn. Your comments are greatly appreciated by all management and staff and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Was really excited about visiting here as the pictures on their website and Facebook made the ice cream look amazing. The amount of kids here is a bit off putting for me, especially as the queue was coming out of the door and you had kids running back and forth from the parlour to the play area, nearly knocking you down in the process. The ice cream looked great but most of them didn't have labels on them to tell you which flavour they were. Normally I would ask a member of staff, but as there was about 15 people behind me I felt under pressure to make a decision so stuck to a flavour I knew, which somewhat defeated the purpose of me going here to try unusual ice cream. The woman serving the ice cream didn't say a word to me and looked miserable, which didn't make me feel any more comfortable asking what the hell was in these ice cream containers. Was dissapointed to see, in an ice cream parlour who claims to make their product from the milk directly from their dairy, that there was a bottle of Graham's milk behind the counter. Needs alot of work but I would go back for the ice cream as it was really good.

1  Thank 77ciaran

Thank you for your review of The Milk Barn. Firstly we are delighted you enjoyed our ice cream. Obviously we are very disappointed at the service you received. If you email the date and time of your visit to info@themilkbarn.co.uk it would enable us to investigate this matter further.

In relation to using Graham's milk for milk shakes, hot drinks etc, we are not permitted to pasteurise our own milk for these purposes at present, but this will be looked into in the near future following the appropriate guidelines with the regulating authorities. Of course the milk used in our ice cream is straight from our farm cows, and pasteurised with the ice cream mix.

We hope to welcome you back to The Milk Barn soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've been nearly every weekend since my first time going in August! Ice cream is absolutely great, I've had Smurfs Bubblegum, Chocolate, Oreo, Fererro Rocher and Scottish Tablet. I also really enjoyed the ham and cheese panini that I got. Great views but it's a shame they only serve hot food until 3PM. If you go at 3:30PM you get to see the cows being milked. Toilets are themed and I think that's quite cute! I definately recommend.

1  Thank christie_straiton
Sian_TheMilkBarn, Management Team at The Milk Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to The Milk Barn. Yes you can see the cows coming in from the fields at 3.30pm, which is always lovely to see! Your comments are greatly appreciated by all management and staff and we hope to welcome you back to soon.