“Awful food”

and up
Kelpies and Falkirk Wheel - Half Day Tour from Glasgow
Ranked #2 of 38 things to do in Falkirk
More attraction details
Owner description: This 35-meter-high rotating boat lift, the world’s first, connects the Forth & Clyde and Union canals.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We visited the Falkirk Wheel today to meet up with my parents for lunch. I had a jacket potato with cheese and beans. The 1st one to arrive was hard and uncooked. The girl brought me another which was slightly softer but still not nice. Both of these potatoes and the one another in the party had were tiny. The beans had a funny taste and the salad looked old and wilted. My son had a ham and cheese panini which he didn't really eat as the cheese was cheap and plasticky. The whole cafe looked a bit grubby and the staff all appeared miserable. Altogether it was a disappointing visit which was expensive for what we had. We left quickly after the good as we have seen the wheel before. I certainly wouldn't recommend that anyone eats here. If you want to see the wheel do that then find somewhere else to eat.

1  Thank NSut

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a true engineering marvel to see. Good value boat ride up and down on the wheel. There are also some great walks around the area and some lovely picnic areas.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We visited with our dog so the boat trip was not an option. So we had an excellent day, watching and walking. The free parking is a huge plus these days and we could have spent the whole day there and spent nothing! However on our eventual return we chose to have a canalside snack from the cafe, it was not cheap but nowhere is. I also supported the gift shop by buying a souvenir book of the history. There was a childrens playground on site and picnic tables. So you could have an excellent day even with a family and control the spending ! ( It was somewhere I had wanted to go having seen it on a childrens TV programme !)

1  Thank veron
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My child likes the play area and watching the barges go on the wheel. Would like to go on the wheel one day but feel it is a bit expensive so will stick to just watching

Reviewed 5 June 2014

An amazing sight to see even if you are not an engineer. Great ride and beautiful views on time. Would love to take a trip on the canal now that I've done the short boat ride! Fee is only for the ride...not just to look at.