“Great first time; not so good next visit”

Xtreme Karting Falkirk
Ranked #6 of 38 things to do in Falkirk
More attraction details
Owner description: Xtreme Karting in Falkirk allows both adults and cadets (ages 10-15) to experience the thrill of motorsport at its best! The FIRST karting centre in Scotland to achieve the 5 star rating from Visit Scotland! The centre features a purposely designed customer lounge area, with large windows overlooking the whole track area, and track side viewing, both areas feature the latest in race timing displays, allowing spectators to watch all the action on the track in complete comfort. The professionally designed track is set within a 30,000 sq ft unit, and features the latest barrier protection systems to ensure the safety of drivers. The exciting track layout features a bridge / underpass section and has been specially designed with hairpin bends, sweeping corners and long straights to provide adrenalin packed racing for novices and seasoned experts! The track is tested to the limit by our high performance EVO 5 Karts, specially tuned to deliver blistering performance!
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My mate &I travelled from Birmingham to Edinburg and went to Falkirk karting on the 12th of April midday after seeing a road sign. Staff was really nice and helpful, was a great experience altogether. Next day we thought we should go to the one in Edinburgh after sightseeing as it was closer. The place was fully booked as they had an ongoing offer, so we decided to go back to the one from Falkirk after staff from Edinburgh suggested that we go there. We previously asked the staff from Fallirk what time they close and they said 22:00, but go there before 21:00. We made it at 20:50 after another half an hour drive and staff weren't happy. They gave us dirty looks all the way as if we've killed someone. Straight away they said we shouldn't come so late and made us feel not welcomed at all, didn't let us have the 3x10 mins we wanted; only 2x10 and didn't have anything ready. The kart i was driving was a dodgy one and the whole experience was terrible. They put me off straight away and had way worse results then previous day (which is weird because i kept improving every session before). I thought staff had a very nasty attitude.. And I don't usually complain. They should be there to do their job or just close shop.. Would've been better from my point of view, considering they didn't like doing their job during opening times. Disgraceful from the young gal and few young lads. Imagine how they will be after 20 years of work if they behave like this now

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Booked xtreme karting for my son's birthday for 12 kids. Booking was easy, staff very friendly and helpful. Kids had a ball, can watch the kids do their worst from the viewing area. Highly recommended.

2  Thank DebbieH0803
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Firstly, I'd like to thank the staff @ Xtreme Karting for all the help they provided us with in regards to setting up the event. Stupidly, we left it to the day before we where due to go to arrange an activity for a stag do and they where very accommodating. When we got there they made us feel welcome and we enjoyed sitting in the comfy lounge area watching the other groups kart. I booked the day blind, not knowing what to expect or what event I had booked but the afternoon they had planned for us for perfect. Every body got equal time on the track and the computer systems put the best with the best and the worst with the worst.

I'd defiantly recommend them to any one who asked and would not hesitate to go back my self.

Thanks for making us feel welcome guys and thanks for making our stag do enjoyable.

Will

5  Thank Wizz001
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Got there and they were running a little late however kept us informed and were extremely welcoming and friendly. You get to sit in a viewing area and watch all the races take place.

You need to either bring a balaclava to wear under your helmet or buy one at £1 each

We did a grand prix race event and split into 2 teams of 7. Everyone got to race 3 times (2 qualifiers and then a final for the top scorers and the bottom scores). The marshals overlooking the race are realistic and although its "non contact" they seem to appreciate that contact happens in a competitive race and only give a warning flag when it gets a bit too much.

Although i dont go often the karts seemed pretty quick and fun to drive and the course was designed in such a way that the corners are good fun and great for overtaking and the bridge provides an extra challenge

After each race you get to see what your best lap time was and race position and it even gets emailed out to you after for bragging rights.

The top 3 scorers got a trophy each and a photo op on a podium.

All in all a great day out and i would recommend going to this karting company.

4  Thank Joshrothathan
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was here as part of a organised day out for work colleagues. The introduction and safety briefing was straight forward but comprehensive and it wasn't long before we were getting ready to race.

Our Grand Prix started with a 3 lap warm up before getting down to business. The Karts are fast with pretty heavy steering so it's quite hard going, physically. The track is quite tight with only two straights at either side of the course. This means it's pretty hard to overtake but so satisfying when you do.

12 laps later and I was just about ready to pass out. Don't know if it was the fumes, my lack of fitness or a mixture of both but I was knackered. In fact I was so knackered that despite finishing 2nd in both my races and heading for a podium place in the final that I sat the final race out.

That aside, I loved it! It's great fun and had all the staff arguing ("why didn't you let me pass??") and joking and days later we're still chatting about it.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They even let me leave the viewing area and stand in the pit lane to get some different angles with my camera. A rare but welcome anticipation of a customer's needs.

If I were to offer one piece of (possibly unhelpfully expensive) advice, I would suggest a live updating leader board visible to racers and spectators during the race. It's hard to keep track of where everyone is, even when you're racing so a large leader board mounted on a wall would keep everyone informed and involved.

4  Thank Matt M