“disappointing”
Review of Grange Manor

Grange Manor
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grangemouth
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Purchased a Groupon voucher for champagne afternoon tea at this hotel for my daughter and son-in-law to celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary. For several personal reasons they were unable to take advantage of it at once , however this morning they tried to book for this afternoon. A four star hotel was unable to accommodate this, stated that chef needed to know in advance for ordering. The voucher does not give a time limit on advance booking and one would have thought a four star hotel would be able to provide an afternoon tea with at least four hours notice. On querying this I was then told they had conferences and therefore could not cope with another two afternoon teas. All this despite the fact when I had one with my sister several people just arrived without bookings. Not a very good advert for the hotel. In fairness after much discussion they extended the voucher until August. I wonder however if it had not been a discount voucher that was being used if the booking would have been miraculously accepted.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nickscotland
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the situation. Our aim here at the Grange Manor Hotel is to achieve and exceed our guests expectations and I am sorry that we appear to have failed on this occassion.

My chefs make all the afternoon tea cakes and scones fresh each day. We always make more than required to allow for people coming in without a booking but on this particular Monday when you called we had already had a number of people call to book for that day that the chef had not accounted for when making his fresh cakes. Furthermore due to a conferance lunch we only had limited tables available in the bar which at the time you requested of 1pm were all booked.

I believe the receptionist straight after speaking to the chef offered to extend the voucher, I can only apologise if this was not the case.

If you would like to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@grangemanor.co.uk.

I look forward to welcoming your daughter and son-in-law to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Please don`t take offence folks but to travel to Grangemouth to stay over at a hotel would normally be the furthest thing from my mind. Well, thanks to an Itison deal my wife and I were encouraged to do just that and what a treat it turned out to be.

Obviously at one time an old stand alone manor the original house has been tastefully extended in all directions turning it into a fine property. We were allocated a room in the Garden Wing, which sits immediately behind the main building. The first floor room was very spacious and tastefully fitted with traditional decor and furnishings. The bathroom would have graced any continental hotel. The bed proved very comfortable. Another plus was the free wi fi in the room.

In the evening we dined in the quite superb Cooks Kitchen restaurant attached to the hotel where the meals were presented in top class style and were quite delicious with some unique twists in taste in various dishes. It was hardly surprising the restaurant was packed. After dinner it was over to the hotel for drinks in the comfortable bar.

All in one of our best overnights at any hotel.

The howevers! Unfortunately the hotel is sandwiched by a very large Asda distribution centre which you look straight onto in the breakfast room and the M9 motorway to the rear. Let me say right away we had absolutely no noise in our bedroom at night. This hotel should be in a nice country estate away from town but I recognise modern developments have occurred since it was built. Be careful if you are using sat nav to guide you. When you enter the post code it directs you to a spot on the M9 because of its proximity. Remember to turn off at the Grangemouth signs immediately before you reach this location.

Apart from the latter comments this is a delightful hotel well worth a visit if you are passing through, Can anyone move a hotel?

Room Tip: Garden Wing takes you away from any hotel noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Couperthwaite

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please keep an eye on our websites for future special offers and I hope I will get to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I hosted a dinner with bed and breakfast for 12 people on the 3rd of June, and .I can't praise the staff enough- Jean for organising the occasion so well beforehand, Lynsey and John for taking care of us that evening, and the breakfast staff who were very patient with us while we took too long chatting over our meal .The food was really excellent -,both the evening meal and breakfast
The rooms were really nice -.large, spotless with very comfy beds..Also ,left in our room was a bottle of wine on ice with a lovely card wishing my husband and I a happy anniversary.
The Grange Manor is a lovely little hotel with beautifully maintained grounds and plenty parking space.
All in all we enjoyed our stay hugely. We will be back! :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank your for choosing the Grange Manor Hotel for your special occassion and also for leaving a positive review on trip advisor.

I have passed all your comments onto the team.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

My daughter's wedding took place at the Grange Manor Hotel on Sat 27th Apr 2013. The venue was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The whole day went extremely well. My wife and I stayed overnight. The room we were given in the main hotel was extremely large and tastefully decorated. Breakfast was nice.
I've given 4 stars for "value ". I would have given 5 however in my opinion, the cost of wine was ridiculous. £22 per bottle for a house Rosie. 4 bottles later and my VISA was going into overdrive. I have been to a fair number of hotels and the cost of booze isn't cheap, however I do feel this is a bit on the steep side. I suppose I should learn to drink less and more responsibly!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review about the service you received for your daughter's wedding. We pride ourself in providing a memorable day for a very special occassion.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here. Lovely food and friendly service made this an excellent stay. Highly recommend hotel although not much to do outwith unless you're into refineries! ! Great menu in adjoining pub at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for positive comments following your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you thought the hotel was a hidden gem. Since the refurbishment last year the hotel is stunning.

Within a short drive from the hotel there are lots of lovely places to visit including Linlithgow, the Falkirk Wheel and Stirling. Next year the Helix will open on our door step providing a number of activities within walking distance.

On your next visit please contact reception prior to arrival as we have recently set up a number of discounted rates with local attractions. Reception can be contacted on info@grangemanor.co.uk or by calling 01324 474836.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently to attend a family wedding, from the minute we arrived till we left the staff were polite .helpful and friendly.The wedding went according to plan and everything ran smoothly. The bedroom was spacious and clean and had everything we needed to enjoy our stay.The breakfast was more than adequate and again staff were attentitive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Many thanks for your positive comments regarding your recent visit for a family wedding.

I will pass on your kind comments to the team here at the Grange Manor Hotel, they are always delighted to receive positive feedback..

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Not an ideal location, but despite boisterous weddings (ugh) it was calm and quiet. Bed comfortable, room size great. Breakfast fresh and coffee cooked - a real treat. Staff on the ball. Pub attached very friendly. Food good

Room Tip: Towards the front car park best
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am pleased to hear you had a relaxing and comfortable stay with us.

I have passed on your comments regarding Cooks Bar and Kitchen to their manager.

Lindsey Randall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grangemouth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel

Been to Grange Manor? Share your experiences!