Grange Manor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Cladhan(Falkirk)
View Hotel
All reviewsgarden wingafternoon teacooks restaurantsandwichestea roommain buildinglovely hotelon arrivalgroupon vouchermeringuetunahot breakfastmy mumevening mealbeansfalkirk wheelblack pudding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our stay last weekend was pleasant enough and the room was comfortable and clean. Service and staff were faultless and the food was good. There is a ‘but’ however and this was the noisy kitchen extract fan right outside the bedroom window (Room 106). When I went to reception to ask to be moved I was assured it is turned off between 8.30 and 9.00pm so I agreed to stay. This turned out to be 9.20 and 9.45 on consecutive nights and it woke us up again around 7.30am. Unfortunately this spoiled what was otherwise a good weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to read that you found the service and staff to be faultless. I am very proud of the work that my team do here.

Since your review I have stayed in the room myself. I have know been quoted for secondary glazing and also work is to be carried out on ensuring better insulation in the area where the fan is.

Thank you once again for your comments. Such feedback is a valuable way for us to monitor our operation and make improvements where necessary. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grange Manor Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We got married here on the 27th June and have to say the venue was brilliant it was exactly what we were looking for. My husband has Coeliac and has to be careful what he eats so it was ideal that they could cater for him and eventually with the help of Bobby the chef we decided our whole menu would be gluten free.

We had family stay at the hotel on the night of the wedding (honeymoon suite was included in our package) the rooms were lovely and clean and the breakfast made to order, again the food was brilliant.

The staff Lindsey, Jean and every one that was involved in our day were absolutely fabulous from us going to see the venue for the first time right up to and including the day itself, they couldn't do enough for us and were very accommodating with everything.

In fact the food and venue were so good that we didn't have a single bad comment from any of our guests, my mother in law is very particular when it comes to food, so the fact that everything was spot on even for her is a huge achievement and we can't thank you enough for all you did for us.

Going back to the food the wedding meal was fabulous and the evening buffet was just as good, and was so good that my mother in law wanted to go back and have afternoon tea, which was also excellent and again they made a huge effort to make sure my husband had gluten free.

All in all we had a brilliant day and would recommend The Grange Manor to anyone

Many thanks to all the staff

Room Tip: The main house has bigger rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor. All the staff work so hard and they really appreciate you taking the time to mention them.

It was lovely getting to know you on the lead up to the wedding and thank you for choosing the Grange Manor to host your special day.

Hope to see you over the festive period.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We got married at the Grange Manor on the 20/08/13. A Tuesday so not really a traditional day but this was no problem at all. The day was perfect, everyone commented on how lovely the hotel was and how well planned the wedding was. Staff did an amazing job. Stayed in the honeymoon suite which was massive. Whole hotel is spotless, breakfasts lovely too. Would recommend this hotel for just a meal, as a place to stay and definitely as a place to get married. Thanks for making our day :-)

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time leave a review on trip advisor and thank you for letting us be part of your special day. You are such a lovely couple and I was glad to read on facebook that you enjoyed your familymoon.

Wishing you all the best in the future and please pop in any time to see us.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were here at a wedding on one of the hottest days of the year, there was no ventilation and the only window was closed with the sun streaming through it. I know that the weather was uncharacteristically hot in July but the forecasts were for once running true so the hotel could have either brought in aircon units or at least had some fans circulating the air to make it feel cooler.
I felt if there had been about 10 fewer guests the staff would have more room to move round the tables. The food was great, drinks are way too expensive for the venue but all in all it was a lovely day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor.

Yes it was uncharacteristically hot for Scotland. The air extractor was on however I think it struggled on that particular day.

With regards to drinks I regularly carry out competitor analysis and our prices are on par with other 4 star properties in the area.

I am glad to read that you had a lovely day and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel is nice but the rooms in the new part at the rear of the property could do with a make over. We arrived at the hotel and the receptionists weren't happy something was going on between them? We were asked straight away for the debit card with which we had booked online with. This debit card had been used to also pay a huge sum in a payment for our new car which we had just bought (a new BMW touring estate) so when I hadn't transferred some more money across it was refused. The receptionist saw it had been declined and then plonked the card machine in my face to see, we then used my partners card to pay for the room and later I transferred some more money across into my account. The room was large and bathroom the lift to the first floor was very slow. The breakfast was nice the next morning but small I heard a big chap asking for some more on his plate which they did sort out for him. The staff there were friendly in the restaurant though. The ultimate was when I chased the cockroach around the bathroom after nearly chocking on my tooth brush !!! I managed to catch it with a lot of screaming and put a glass over the top of it .... Interesting moment !!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandyhall1966
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for your review on trip advisor.

When you said to reception on check out about the 'cockroach' I was immediately called and went up to the room with the Head Housekeeper. I can assure you 100% that it was not a cockroach but in fact a cricket.

I will certainly speak to reception in regards to check in. I can assure you that this is not the normal standard we strive for in our daily routines and is certainly not what we are all trained for.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.