“Hogmanay Party”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Grangemouth
Limassol, Cyprus
“Hogmanay Party”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel on 30th & 31st December. The room in the main hotel was spacious and well appointed, if slightly dull furnishings. The staff were excellent, especially Rosie who was super efficient. The Hogmanay dinner and entertainment were fantastic. Initially we had booked for the 'Family' evening but decided to change to the 'Formal' dinner as we were without our children. The food was of a high caliber, the serving staff pleasant and the accordion player and his daughter set the tempo for an evening of dancing. With a journey time of only 20 minutes to Edinburgh airport the hotel is ideally located. The surrounding scenery is somewhat industrial as the main entrance looks on to a very very large ASDA distribution warehouse.

Room Tip: A room in the main building would be a bonus.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your kind comments on trip advisor.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Grange Manor in the near future. If you book for next New Year before the end of February we will honor this year's prices.

All the best for 2014.

Lindsey Randall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Bo'ness
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went with a family of 16. Staff were extremely friendly and food was excellent. During the meal We had a major family crisis and the staff did everything to help. Prices were reasonable. Rooms were spacious and clean. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

I hope the little girl that was with your party was alright and wasn't in hospital too long with her appendix.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Grange Manor for next New Year. If you book before the end of February we will honor this year's prices.

Bolton
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Enjoyed our two night break here, visiting family in the local area. Very spacious twin room with area for sitting and relaxing in the room (armchairs). Lovely bathroom, and good shower. Very clean. Only thing was we had to ask for more T bags on 2 occasions as there were only 2 breakfast teabags in the tin. Not enough for a drink at night and in the morning.
Delicious breakfast with range of fresh, mixed and dried fruits with yoghurt, and cereals. Good cooked breakfast choice and served fresh and hot. Nice friendly service in breakfast room and reception. Dinner is taken at the Cooks restaurant in a separate building at the front of the hotel. Lovely food, quite pricy drinks. Only downside is, if staying in the hotel and it is raining you have to walk outside to access the restaurant. You also need to book as it is a popular restaurant and non residents use it.
Would definitely use again when in the area.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are away from any noise or parties in the main part of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Corbett7
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on trip advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you will definately stay again when next in the area.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here one night on a business trip, booked by my client. On arrival, in the cold and dark, directed to the so called Garden Wing which was back out of the cosy Reception and a walk round to a two storey Travel Lodge style building at the back of the main hotel - no help was offered with luggage. The rooms in the Garden Wing are poorly lit, not very warm and very poor value compared with other hotels for £85 a night inc breakfast. I rejected a room on the first floor with single beds and for an extra £20 bought a room in the more comfortable and warmer main hotel with a double bed. Supersoft pillows and mattress. No 106 in the main hotel had windows on two sides (one with a fine view of the kitchens, a dual carriage way and the back of Asda). Once all the radiators were turned on the room was cosy. A spotless and warm bathroom. Rooms at the back look onto the Garden Wing two storey building. Free wifi. The restaurant was not open for dinner to hotel residents (although there was a party of 8 people eating in it later that evening) . The only eating option in walking distance (apart from Room Service which is sandwiches only + a tray charge) is a good and reasonably priced restaurant called Cooks - a chilly walk across the car park. Breakfast in the hotel was good with pleasant service, slightly marred by a fizzy fruit salad. Grange Manor is approx. 30% over priced for what it is - at £105 a night inc breakfast the general facilities, the overall ambience (in spite of a recent refurbishment) and the front of house/reception staff service levels were not up to scratch. The Reception staff could do with some customer service training. Next trip I will try Falkirk (a £5, 10 minute taxi ride away) or one of the other of the Grangemouth hotels.

Room Tip: Most rooms are in the Garden Wing - a separate annex. There are 6 rooms in the main hotel building...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Portobelloeater
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

Our primary aim here at the Grange Manor Hotel is to achieve and exceed our guest expectations and I am sorry that we appear to have failed on this occassion.

I am pleased to hear that you found the beds in our executive rooms in the main house to have supersoft pillows and mattress. Although our gardenwing is seperate from the main reception the bedrooms are very spacious and decorated to a high standard.

The restaurant in the main hotel is not open in the evening however Cook's Bar and Kitchen is open daily for dinner. The people in the restaurant that evening had booked dinner in a private dining room.

Our room service menu has a wide variety of choices including the full Cook's a la carte menu which is available from 12pm til 9pm daily.

I am dissappointed to read that front of house/reception staff service was not up to scratch. I have a very good team at the hotel and I very rarely get a bad comment regarding service. I do not and will not tolerate this kind of service from any of the staff here in the Hotel and can assure you this will be addressed.

I do hope I will I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. If you wish to discuss any of the points you have raised further please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@grangemanor.co.uk or 01324 474836.

Lindsey Randal
Calangute, India
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was on a business trip to Grangemouth and this hotel being near to the industrial area, I was booked for a stay here. It's a small hotel with few rooms and I guess is a old building, though maintained clean enough in a modest way. The heritage kind of look (with lot of wooden work) of rooms and hotel is lovely and anyone in love with archiology will like this hotel. Rooms are big and have minimum required facilities in the room.
The hotel service was good and the reception staff was friendly.
Me being use to busy world in populated part of world, it was a little difficult to observe pin drop silence in the hotel all along the week.
I liked the food which was with a kind of Mexican taste(if I had to define) and had a good presentation from the hotel chef.
Overall stay was good,with good food though the silence brought in sense of solitude and me home sick for a while....

Room Tip: The hotel I standin was on 1st floor and I had big bag as I was away from country for 18 days. The h...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank G T
Thank you for your review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Unfortunately we do not have a lift in the main house however we do have ground floor rooms and a lift in the gardenwing.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Grange Manor in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

wE stayed at this hotel on saturday 26th oct via a groupon deal (BB+afternoon tea).
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful (far better than some othe hotels we have stayed in). Room was very nice and spacious. Just a couple of small points that could have made the stay even better. Our room was in the garden wing which ment we had to get to it by going out of the hotel and walking round (not such a hardship in good weather but when weather is cold and wet it means you have to be wrapped up to get to main part of hotel. Other small point is re breakfast we would have prefered a choice of slice sausage and being scottish breakfast would have loved potato scones to be included. On a good note the breakfast so cooked fresh (not buffet style).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. On your next visit please email me on gm@grangemanor.co.uk before your arrival and I will ensure that the chef has square sausage and potatoe scones.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yarm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Excellent overnight stay. The room was lovely and spotless. Only 1 drawback was that we couldn't find the television remote. Not a big problem as we arrived late and weren't bothered enough to ask for it.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and they were very friendly. Breakfast was delicious.
Would definitely stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eileen P
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your positive review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found breakfast particularly good.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Lindsey Randall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grangemouth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel
Best Western Park Hotel

Been to Grange Manor? Share your experiences!