“Great hotel very well situated for falkirk wheel & The Kelpies”
Review of Grange Manor

Grange Manor
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Grangemouth
Alicante, Spain
“Great hotel very well situated for falkirk wheel & The Kelpies”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a great hotel staff very friendly and helpful and it's very central for visiting places
The rooms very large and well kept we really enjoyed our stay and would go back again also the Cooks restaurant which is in the grounds and is very good food a great two day break
Maureen & Ed Newson

Room Tip: I would think any room would be very good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen N
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Firstly thank you for choosing the Grange Manor for your two day break and taking the time to post such a kind positive review.

The team here at the Grange Manor take great pride in the service that they provide and it is encouraging to read that you appreciate all the hard work and dedication that they put in.

See you on your next visit to the area! :)

Kind Regards

Helen Anderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
UK
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed for Commonwealth Games with our little daughter. Generally very friendly and accommodating and a clean hotel. It's the details that count. When we arrived we were told we couldn't check in yet, despite having a young child and it throwing it down (and having a long trip). Yes, it's your policy and it was remedied quickly but common sense counts for a lot.

Also, siting us where you did meant that we had the pounding of wedding disco into our room. Again, you did something about it, but knowing we had a child we should have been sited in a quieter spot from the start.

Your lift is incredibly slow and broke down for a day. The water in the shower speeds up and slows down in bursts of hot and cold - as though the system can't cope with the demand.

Room Tip: They do plenty of weddings here, if you want quiet then ask for a room as far away as possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for you recent review, It was sad you hear that you stay was not everything it should have been.

Our primary aim here at the Grange Manor Hotel is to achieve and exceed our guest’s expectations and I am very sorry that we appear to have failed on this occasion. Please be assured that the comments you have raised have been taken very seriously and addressed thoroughly.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Manchester
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was a business trip so I'll review the basics only leaving the location to personal choice.
Rooms were big and well appointed and contained everything you'd expect, they were also very clean and comfortable with Free Wi-fi was available throughout.
I ate in the adjoining restaurant called 'Cooks' which was delicious and I was able to charge the meal to my room (very useful)
The highlight for me though was the friendliness of each and every member of staff I encountred, nothing was to much trouble and everyone greeted you with a genuine smile.
This is a really nice hotel and without doubt one of the friendliest I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I probably had the nosiest room, right near the exit but I can't say I was disturbed at all. (ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelbloke
Thanks for your great review! It really is a joy to read such positive feedback, it will be a real pleasure to pass this on to my hard working team.

We look forwards to seeing ou again soon

Kind regards

coventry
Reviewed 16 July 2014

As part of a 3 day cycling holiday along the canal from Glasgow to Grangemouth, then onto Edinburgh, my wife and I stopped at the The Grange Manor on the second night Tuesday 1st July. The hotel is located near the amazing new 'Kelpies' horse art structures with a footpath that takes you under the M9 and you follow the A905 to the hotel. There were some roadworks at the time around the hotel, plus there is no footpath on the hotel's side, so you have to cross the busy A905 to get in (if you are on foot or push bike of course).

The hotel itself is impressive with nice frontage and gardens. There are is some seating outside, but as there is a separate restuarant on the same grounds then we were advised by the helpful reception staff to use that to have an afternoon drink in the warm sun outside, which we did at 1pm after dropping our bags off. The room was quite large, well apppointed with an excellent shower. The bikes were also astored safely in another part of the hotel.

Unfortunately on that day it was 'jet wash' day, so were told that at 2pm, the jet wash man will be coming to wash the restaurant's outside area plus various other areas of the hotel, so we were advised that we would have to go either into the restaurant or go back to the hotel, neither of which were appealing as it was hot & sunny outside. Nevetheless, after spending an hour outside the restaurant, we duly drank up at 2pm, so we went to have a better look at the Kelpies.

When we retuned at 3:30pm, the jet wash man wasn't there, but all the tables & chairs had been cleared to one side in preparation, apart from one which was cast iron so hadn't been moved. We sat at the table and ordered a drink. We asked about the 2pm jet washing but was advised he was running late. We stayed for another half an hour and went back to our room.

Some time later, we decided to go for a pre-dinner drink (I think it was about 5:00pm), however guess what, the jet washing had started. Basically this included two people with very high powered petrol driven very loud jet washers blasting it seemed every surface in sight. This meant that almost everywhere was a no-go zone and flooding in water. We were not happy and so complained, and asked when they were due to finish. I can't remember the exact time given, but basically it seemed to go on forever.

Eventually we decided to head for the restaurant anyway for our booked evening meal at 6pm, but instaed of sitting outside in the warm evening sun which we had requested to do, we had to go inside the restaurant as outside was still under water with no tables & chairs, plus the jet wash men were still clearing up. At about 6:30 we were asked if we wanted to go outside as all was now sorted outside, but we were by then half way through our meal so declined.

In the end though the meal turned out to be very good and timely.

In the morning we had a harty 'full Scottish' each including sausage, haggis, black pudding, egg, mushroom and toast, which kept us going until the evening!

In conclusion, I realise we were unlucky during our visit to the Grange Manor as I'm sure jet washing isn't a regular occurrence, but I don't understand why they didn't plan to do it before the main season started. We were not the only people affected, with a good number of other grumbling that day. Shame,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank passsat
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to put your comments on trip advisor.

Our primary aim here at The Grange Manor Hotel is to achieve and exceed our guest’s expectations and I am very sorry that we appear to have failed on this occasion.

Jet washing is not a common occurrence, although we do our best to keep our grounds looking good all year round. We have a maintenance programme in place and on occasion the timing can be misjudged.

Thank you once again for your comments, such feedback is a valuable way for us to monitor our operation and make improvements where necessary.

Falkirk, Scotland
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Booked sparkling afternoon tea for 2 via groupon. Thankfully we did not pay full price!

The sandwiches were dry as they had obviously been made up in advance and stood out, the fillings were bland. One of which was Turkey ham salad!! I can make better at home.

The scones were lovely though but all other cakes appeared to have been defrosted rather than fresh.

The staff however were very pleasant but the food let it down. Had I paid full price I would have been extremely annoyed! Definitely won't be going back

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank lotty9000
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and I am disappointed to read that your afternoon tea did not meet our usual high standards.

I have discussed your feed back with our Head Chef, so he can revisit training with his team.

I am however pleased that you found the service good and will pass on the positive comments too.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have returned to the Grange Manor on numerous occasions in preference to the other hotels in the area. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to ensure an excellent level of services.

The ‘Cooks’ restaurant offers a wide variety of delicious dishes served by a friendly team in relaxing environment. The room are of a good size, modern,very clean and suprisingly quiete.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Duncan P
Thank you for taking your time to leave a positive review on trip advisor.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I arrived shortly after midnight, to be greeted enthusiastically by the night staff, and shown to a big room - which he described as the best in the hotel. Despite the hotel's proximity to both the M9 (it's at most 200 yards from junction 6) and the A905, the room was surprisingly quiet and looked fantastic. The room was almost too big for the television remote control to work.

Breakfast was served efficiently - although it wasn't clear at first that you had to help yourself to cereals, but everything else would be brought to you. I had main meals elsewhere.

As ever, there were some minor niggles. I prefer a showerhead you can move around, for example, and I couldn't see any cotton wool (for makeup removal), but I've stayed in many worse places and paid far more. I'd definitely stay here again and would hope to get the same room!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive review on trip advisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Contact me gm@grangemanor.co.uk and I can ensure you have every thing you need.

Helen Anderson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grangemouth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel
Best Western Park Hotel

Been to Grange Manor? Share your experiences!